Galaxy S2 Issues??

He guys

I just got myself a brand new SGSII the other day. The phone is as expected awesome & the display is gorgeous. However I have a few concerns that might be actual issues or nothing at all. So all you SGSII owners kindly chip in. :)

Concern/Issue No 1:

The display has a yellowish hue (warmer color temperature) when looked head on but on looking at an angle of it takes a bluish hue. The bluish hue gets more visible at extreme angles (>120 degrees)

Is this a problem? Should I be worried & take the phone to the service center or is this actually normal for the SAMOLED+ display?

Concern/Issue No 2:

My phone randomly shuts off while in pocket or just lying on a table. This happened for 5-6 times in a day. I had power saver mode on so I dont know whether it has got something to do with it. I have since disabled the power saver mode & also took out the battery & cleaned the contacts and put the battery firmly in place.

The phone has not shut off once since then.

So is this a hardware issue or a software? Or is this a no -issue in reality.

Plz guys clear out my apprehensions.

TIA

PS: My phone screen does not have the yellow tinge on the left most quarter of the lower half of the display. I am sure about it as I have checked it multiple times. :)

I havent rooted it yet and wont do for the next few days till I am sure there are no hardware issues. Wouldnt wanna void warranty on a day old phone :p

S2s around the world are having these color temperature differences from warm to cold.

Mine looks ok at least to me but it depends on how bad the issue is.

If its possible somehow, then try comparing with another piece.

As for the shutting off thing, it happened to me also at least thrice during the first week but I'm not having that as of now (its over a month old now).

I don't know whether its an issue or not.

Also make sure that the battery contacts are clean, it sits tightly and the back cover is not loose.

You can also run the test mode by typing *#0*# from the keypad.

about switching off issue
yes i know the cure after facing it...

its becoz the power switch easily gets pressed inside pocket
use any pouch or cover and u wont face it
it wont happen if kept on a table,etc....

atleast this is what i made out of it

lol

ayaskant12 said:

lol

+1, same thing happened to me , thats exactly when i bought a case,

ayaskant12 said:

lol

Err, that is not true.

Mine used to switch off while on desk.

Gannu said:

Like I mentioned in the OP, my phone doesnot have that particular issue

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kestrel5915 said:
Err, that is not true.

Mine used to switch off while on desk.

Exactly same with mine too. Although the problem vanished after I cleaned the conatcts, re-inserted the battery & also disabled power saver. So dont know exactly what was causing it.

And guys regarding the colors becoming bluish at different angles except head on, have you guys noticed it also. Just checked a couple of my friend's S2, both of them have the same issue, although one S2 had bluish hue even on looking head on & that kinda masked the effect when looking at an angle.

I turned off Power saving mode when I got random reboots and since then no issues at all. I get an uptime of 2 days without WiFi and 3G and an uptime of 1.5 days with WiFi and 3G used sparingly.

As far as the display thing is concerned, try using different colored wallpapers and see it the problem still exists. If you feel its much of an issue take it to the Samsung SC they might replace the piece for you.

^ Thats the problem I dont know whether its a problem or not lolz. BTW its most noticeable on a white/whitish background by tilting the phone and looking at it. Can you please confirm whether you also see this thing or not.

Dude why don't you post some pics?

I had a SAMOLED phone (samsung wave 8500) before this and I would not categorize it and S2 as having a "warm" display.

devvfata1ity said:
^ Thats the problem I dont know whether its a problem or not lolz. BTW its most noticeable on a white/whitish background by tilting the phone and looking at it. Can you please confirm whether you also see this thing or not.

I tried looking at my phone's screeon from all the possible angles no yellow tinge where ever. But yes there is a general bluish warmness on the screen, and I like the Bluish warmness :bleh:

^ its kinda of jarring to me because when looking head on my SGSII's display is wonderfully neutral. On the other couple of SGSII displays that I have seen are naturally a bit cool/bluish even from head on so while looking at an angle the bluish tinge does not become so jarring. At least this is what I feel :)

devvfata1ity said:
^ its kinda of jarring to me because when looking head on my SGSII's display is wonderfully neutral. On the other couple of SGSII displays that I have seen are naturally a bit cool/bluish even from head on so while looking at an angle the bluish tinge does not become so jarring. At least this is what I feel :)

Chillax you have a nice phone, enjoy it :)

Back