MohitPreet

Skilled
i have been using since 1999-2000

dial up connection on a 56k internal modem

then from 2002-2007 , have been on airtel gprs while in college

since 2007- till now bsnl broadband only!:hap2::hap2:

Using since 1999 probably

1. VSNL - something like 20Rs per hour + additional phone charges, 56k modem
2. MTNL - direct dial number was there, not need of any subscription or anything, all telephone lines had internet, paid something like 25rs per hour
3. Airtel GPRS - Used this extensively since i had an edge enabled phone so goo speeds.
4. MTNL Triband - Took the 256kbps plan, got 2 Mbps :hap2: then reduced to 512 in august :mad:

BTW my first brush (before getting at my home) with internet was around starting of 1999 at a friend's place and it was some BABAji ka website :lol:

Forget to mention I still have that Motorola SM56 dial-up MODEM from my dial up days... It was connected till last year (though not in use)...

It still works perfectly.... :)

I started using it when I was in 7th Standerd, it was Dial Up from bsnl.. (172222 service)

The year must be 2001-2002.. Then in 11th i.e. 2006 shifted to BSNL Broadband 256 Kbps and then after some time, on 2Mbps from BSNL broadband only..

:D

Does using internet at cyber cafe count? If yes then it was 1999 else it was in 2003 when I got my first computer.

first net since 1996 at 1 standard :eek:hyeah: using VSNL dial up 56k

2003 the first Airtel broadband with 256 kbps but crappy dns service is poor

2004 back to 56 kbps with tata indicom due to airtel bill issue cause of bad service

2006-2009 final BSNL 256 kbps ultimate past 3 year no problem and i am happy with d-link modem still strong using OPENDNS :)

^i thought that ur first brush might have been the religious baba ji only

then to desibaba and desipapa :p

but i was wrong

u started with desibaba right away :rofl:

started using internet from 1998 - till now

1998 - Modem ( VSNL , Rolatanet and Caltiger :p )

after tht i swiched to broadband connection(probly in 2002)...

i used following services....never satisfied with n e one of them

24online

net4india

BSNL broadband (office)

exatt net

Hathway ( currently using )

24online ( backup connection )

My first experience with Internet was during middle of 1999 at CMCH, Vellore (Searching for a medical article).

Started using it in regular after i went to Hyderabad in Sept 2000 (Through cyber cafes and office)

Then i got Dial Up 56kbps connection from BSNL for house(used it till 2006)

For the past 2 years I am with Airtel Broadband

Oh how can i forget Caltiger, thanks universal for reminding
That bar on top with yellow tiger skin, and it was free internet, i mean no access charges, phone charge was always there.
Then there was also a hack to remove that bar and still be able to use catiger internet.
Did that and felt geeky :p

i remember using the vsnl shell pack , students for 500/- then one day they just upgraded all the shell to normal packs ....so it was one year of happy browsing :D ... baba ruled then :p

Back