Flipkart's Flyte music store shutting down!

I agree that the internet speeds in our country are in a dismal state and there doesnt seem like they are going to improve anytime soon.
However another major problem is that of piracy in our country, some of my friends still deride me for purchasing music from itunes and buying original games. This mentality will be another drawback when companies decide whether or not it is viable to make services like Netflix, Spotify etc available in India.

PS: I have recently upgraded to 16mbps for 1500rs a month (Unlimited data). Loving it.

This is so WEIRD. I have a fairly large Flyte library (all bought, no freebies) and have recd. no such message from them. Checked my spam folder as well. Nothing.

I just used Flyte a week ago to buy more songs.

To OP, thanks for the warning though...

Same here. Even I didn't get any such letter in my mail account. And I've bought almost a dozen plus of albums from these guys.

Because you not only paid them to listen to the songs, but also access them whenever you want over the cloud. If they're taking away the accessibility, they're taking away one of the main reasons to buy music online in the first place.

I think they removed flyte and mp3 section completely from the site. Can't see it in mobile or full site versions from yesterday. Didn't they say you could buy till June 17th?

Back