Android Flipkart: Moto X Incoming

Sobirvs

Skilled
Pricing announced : 23,999 to launch tomorrow (19th mar)

https://twitter.com/Flipkart/status/443997719275655168/photo/1

Hope to see a good price. If priced right, daym Motorola is gonna be super hot in India :)

Some more info from flipkart's twitter :

- Details of price and stuff will be revealed in couple of days.
- MotoX will come with a fixed set of five colours. Wood variant will be available aswell. 2 Wood variants to be exact - the teak and walnut.
- Stock will be more this time around so that same thing doesn't happen with Moto X as the same happened to Moto G's stock.
- Single SIM only. No dual sim variant for India.
- 30 days Replacement offer asusual.
- Will be exclusive for FLIPKART only.
- Only 16gb will be available for the launch.
- This will not get "Moto Care Accident Protection" as US people get.
- No Dev edition from flipkart.
- Kitkat Out of the box.
- Editions announced! Here : Black, white, royal blue, cherry, turquoise, walnut (wood), teak (wood).

Last edited:
^ 20k is gonna be very difficult.
The specs will mean this will be somewhere near 26k. But if they decide to hit the sweet spot of Indian psyche, a la Moto G, 24k should be a good pricing.

Noob Alert!!!
What is so special in Moto X?
I mean we already have Naxus 5 in market, which have better processes and a screen with better resolution. Then why Moto X is still a hot cake?

Noob Alert!!!
What is so special in Moto X?
I mean we already have Naxus 5 in market, which have better processes and a screen with better resolution. Then why Moto X is still a hot cake?

Depends on different preferences for people. Not all people like bigger screens , bigger screens means more uncomfortable to hold.

Anyways, some stuff which is on MotoX but not on Nexus 5:

- The most sexy feature: Google Now with screen off.
- Active Notifications (Yes there are apps which does the same , but the thing is this doesn't consume much battery when compared to those apps)
- 10MP compared to 8MP of Nexus5.
- AMOLED screen
- 2MP front compared to 1.3 of N5/Moto G.
- Much better customization.
- Much better battery optimizations compared to Nexus 5 when in stock. You get 2x the battery compared to Nexus 5(As Nexus 5 has 1080p display so it sucks more battery)
- OTG inbuilt I believe.
- Faster than Nexus 5 when launching apps as MotoX has lower pixels to push compared to 443ppi of Nexus5.
- 50GB more Google drive.
- More color options, even wood.
- More user friendly.

Depends on different preferences for people. Not all people like bigger screens , bigger screens means more uncomfortable to hold.

Anyways, some stuff which is on MotoX but not on Nexus 5:

- The most sexy feature: Google Now with screen off.
- Active Notifications (Yes there are apps which does the same , but the thing is this doesn't consume much battery when compared to those apps)
- 10MP compared to 8MP of Nexus5.
- AMOLED screen
- 2MP front compared to 1.3 of N5/Moto G.
- Much better customization.
- Much better battery optimizations compared to Nexus 5 when in stock. You get 2x the battery compared to Nexus 5(As Nexus 5 has 1080p display so it sucks more battery)
- OTG inbuilt I believe.
- Faster than Nexus 5 when launching apps as MotoX has lower pixels to push compared to 443ppi of Nexus5.
- 50GB more Google drive.
- More color options, even wood.
- More user friendly.

in one word SENSORS!!!

@ayanavish, user experience ; care to elaborate? Arent both running the same Kitkat 4.4.x; so shouldn't the experience on both be the same, so then guessing nothing is missing on the two?
what optimizations differ from the GPU point one is Adreno 305 the other 320? But still MOTO (formerly from GOOG) has still optimized both well!

It's overpriced a bit. Surely it doesn't offer anything spectacular so that it can be 10k expensive than Moto G.
21-22k would have been nicer!

You guys have to use it to see what is so special about. I haven't used it personally either but have heard rave reviews from friends whose usage is similar to mine. It is all about software that makes the Moto X such a hot commodity. Everyone I know who has used it has become a fan. Same guys have had every flagship you can think of and yet came back to the X because it just works so flawlessly. You can say that they have filled in the drawbacks of Android with their own softwares.

People who is comparing Moto X to Moto G. please do that once you use them both. Moto X was and still is not about specs. I only have access to a friends phone, but the HMI on it is way better than my old Nexus 4. and it does feel way snappier than the N4 running stock OS with just root. No clue why. And the phone has a very good feel ergonomics wise also.

Back