Flipkart...Could be Indian Amazon ?

Flipkart is good but not for desktop hardware if you are staying in metro cities having lot of hardware shops in and around because flipkart is selling stuff at higher side compared to pricing.

And now for an important newsflash..

Continuing with the consistency, FK has again increased its minimum limit for free shipping to 500/- now. :dead:

Add to that, the products (i checked for PS3 games) which it aint gonna stock anymore cuz of low demand have been labelled as: This product has been permanently discontinued.

Way to go fk..

unsure if someone has said this earlier
most of the reviews appearing on products appear to be fake
and MRP & discounts shown on most products also appear to be fake

I don't know if anyone else has noticed flipkart using your names to write multiple reviews. I wrote 2/3 reviews/gave ratings there .. after some months there were 3/4 more reviews under my name .. of products i didnot buy! o_O hehe any fk affiliates/secret agents here?[DOUBLEPOST=1363247723][/DOUBLEPOST]
unsure if someone has said this earlier
most of the reviews appearing on products appear to be fake
and MRP & discounts shown on most products also appear to be fake
Yes they are. Seems like most of them are written by extreme overclockers lol.. browsing through flipkart i feel overclocking is like everyone hobby, everyone seems to know about latency/timings/voltages etc ... stuff which takes months to learn and generally home users never get into that stuff anyway.... :cigar:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed flipkart using your names to write multiple reviews. I wrote 2/3 reviews/gave ratings there .. after some months there were 3/4 more reviews under my name .. of products i didnot buy! o_O hehe any fk affiliates/secret agents here?[DOUBLEPOST=1363247723][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes they are. Seems like most of them are written by extreme overclockers lol.. browsing through flipkart i feel overclocking is like everyone hobby, everyone seems to know about latency/timings/voltages etc ... stuff which takes months to learn and generally home users never get into that stuff anyway.... :cigar:

dont infer based on your surroundings.. People arent ignorant anymore specially after gaming became a high roller now.

People know thier stuff because assembling a gaming rig teaches you most of the basic things (at the least) which you might have never bothered before.

Besides, OC is not a rocket science.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed flipkart using your names to write multiple reviews. I wrote 2/3 reviews/gave ratings there .. after some months there were 3/4 more reviews under my name .. of products i didnot buy!

Do those review appear in your profile when you log in ?

dont infer based on your surroundings.. People arent ignorant anymore specially after gaming became a high roller now.

People know thier stuff because assembling a gaming rig teaches you most of the basic things (at the least) which you might have never bothered before.

Besides, OC is not a rocket science.
I hardly know anyone locally. You sound like you're the one writing the reviews in flipkart eh?[DOUBLEPOST=1363258527][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do those review appear in your profile when you log in ?
No, but some of the reviews are posted by my name + There is no friggin way you can contact the people who write that stuff. If they login and post that means they register and we should be able to PM them. They are simply names and are not hyperlinks.[DOUBLEPOST=1363259741][/DOUBLEPOST]Now i can't find those reviews not written by me in FK.

I hardly know anyone locally. You sound like you're the one writing the reviews in flipkart eh?
By the word surroundings I meant to say the ppl you know of and doesnt necessarily mean in your vicinity :(.
Also, your post seemed to be extremely exaggerated when you said that people need to be from overclocking back ground and as if its some rocket science that only the elite group should know about.
I am not trying to point out anything but just saying that your post appeared to be exaggerated and hope I am clear now.

And yeah again, I am not the only one who knows about ocing to write in FK..

And now for an important newsflash..

Continuing with the consistency, FK has again increased its minimum limit for free shipping to 500/- now. :dead:

Add to that, the products (i checked for PS3 games) which it aint gonna stock anymore cuz of low demand have been labelled as: This product has been permanently discontinued.

Way to go fk..

Free shipping minimum valuation have been increase ~2 weeks ago.

FK is in very deep s**t financially. But it is important that they survive; we need to have two to three large players who ensure competition.

Recently their prices have been hardly competitive. Much more in comparison to offline stores other than in books and even then shipping is not free for below 500 bucks

I say Walk in to your Nearest Shop and Buy the Product. Market prices are lot Cheaper than F***kart!
If they don't offer For less, Tell him online prices are lot Cheaper and Make Him Believe Even if Price is Not less online.
I Have Stopped Shopping on Flipkart Because of so Called Prices and Free Shipping limit. The only Thing i still Agree with others is their Delivery time(That is possible Because they buy from Local Vendors in your City and Sell it).

I wouldn''t be Shocked if that Free Delivery thing Goes to 650-700 Bucks, They want to sustain and they are not Going to be Profitable Till 2015 as per Ecommerce Pandits.

local computer shops in my area have almost same prices as flipkart (inflated & always 200-300 bucks more compared to lamington road). Plus they dont care about customers and dont keep items in stock or have as much variety as fk. for people like me, i guess fk is the only choice since travelling to town is quite cumbersome now, just to buy a new piece of hardware.

Flipkart is changing its policies and a updating itself. The front end of the business is taken by WS Retail and soon other online retailers will be allowed sell products on their website, though they quote stringent conditions nothing officially made public. Its in the process of launching itself as a Market place, similar to the likes of eBay, HS18...
Those of you have a eWallet account with Flipkart; can now only be utilised for purchasing eBooks, MP3 from their Flyte Store!

Source1

Source2

Well, FK seems to be going downhill!
I brought Deos from them, guess what it took 7 days for it to arrive!! That too, i had to send an email to the CC. It had to be sent from Delhi to Bangalore!

Back