First DX10 Playable Demo May 16th

garav

Disciple
We are pleased to be able to confirm the worlds first downloadable playable DX10 content will be Lost Planet: Extreme Edition and it will be available from our nzone websites and gamespot at 6PM PST on May 15th.
In Asia we today announced with Capcom that the playable demo of Lost Planet: Extreme Edition in Japan will be made available exclusively on our NVIDIA Japan website beginning at 10AM on May 16.
The game release date is June 26th. That will make it the first available purchasable DX10 content

Source: NVIDIA Developer Blog

PC Gamers to Get a Taste of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition with Release of Playable Demo for Both Directx 9 and Directx 10 - PC News at GameSpot

Finally something that utilises those 8800 series cards :p
Hope we'll get to see some proper benchmarks for the hd2900xt running this sometime soon as the card is also releasing tomorrow.

Finally, we'll get to see what the actual differences between DX9 and 10 are. I foresee two possible outcomes. Either we will see little differences between the two or the DX9 variant will be deliberately dumbed down.

May 15th.... hmm intresting...
but isnt Halo 2 stated to be out May 22 so how can lost planet be the first purchasable DX 10 content

Hotstuff said:
it will basically capitalize on the strenghts of the DX10, puposefully showing the DX9 down

Yeah thats wat i think too..

Recently i saw this trailer of CRYIS MULTIPLAYER rendered on DX 9 ..

and frankly speaking there wasnt all that a difference in it as compared to DX 10...

U no taking into account all that HYPE!!!

Well at least this will be a good buying indidcator. I want to go for the 8600 GT but if the differance in performance is vast between it and 8800 I will wait for a price cut on the 8800. Unless Lost planet is as unoptimised as other Capcom legendary ports like RE4 and DMC3.

DX10 bring it on. :D

The real next gen is here.

Back