Firefox 3 trying to create world record

Just heard this, Firefox 3 is trying to set a guiness world record for maximum number of downloads for a software in a day when it is launched. All one has to do is 'pledge' that he will download the software on the launch date. Here is the link

Spread Firefox | Download Day 2008

Being an avid FF user, I have already pledged :hap2:

pledged and will surely download.

so is this gonna be the final version of Firefox 3 ?

anyone tested the alphas/beta ? how is it ?

and how much different is it from firefox 2 ? only better security and all or have they done a big overhaul ?

^^^OMG thats lots of question :p but i am so very curious about firefox ...just love it ..infact find IE so inconvenient to use that i carry firefox setup and backup of profile with me in my pen drive whenever i need to access net from some other PC.

vishalrao said:
posted 2 hrs before u dammit: http://www.techenclave.com/828580-post4.html

*grumble* trying to steal the limelight from me *grumble*

:p

just "pledging" is not enough, you will get an email reminder and you should actually download the release on that same day for it to count toward the record... of course...

Woops sorry. I assure you that I am not trying to steal limelight from you and did not see your post. I would not have created this thread if I had read your post. My humble apology.

Pledged !

Firefox 3.0 is supposed to be much faster than the earlier versions (loading time wise), at least that what I have read. Never interested in Beta versions :p

+1 Pledged! @2,859

Guys don't just act like Indian Politicians, making promise and forgetting them later. :p

Do download if you Pledge,else please don't pledge;)

hammerhead said:
Woops sorry. I assure you that I am not trying to steal limelight from you and did not see your post. I would not have created this thread if I had read your post. My humble apology.

LOL :eek:hyeah: was just kidding of course... and since people are posting here and not there, my limelight is well and truly stolen :p

Back