Finally..I did it!!

Finally i ran out my paience, couldnt stand the thought of my priceless Si-128 locked up and cooling its behind instead of my cpu..so decided to install it without the fan i am yet to get.

Wont deny i was a *wee bit* tensed, hence forgot to take pics prior to the installation.
fixing the clip into the lug took a *little* effort, and took longer coz i was worried about crushing the cpu.
but it finally stood, and man, it was dominating the entire inside of my cabinet..:bleh:

Anyway, here is the thing right where it belongs..:)

mounted an 80m in the side bracket and it is blowing air into it
idle temp of 43-44c, and a load temp of 55, after half an hour of prime..:), room temp 32c.

what do you guys think?

i know yaar,but 120 mm fans are real scarce in kolkata..:(

in fact i had placed an order for a panaflo high speed with the cooler at sidewinder, but the stupid gits forgot to ship the fan..:mad: :mad:

no suitable fans either in ebay or itdepot or indmall or respawn..:( :( (antec too damn costly)

tirthankar said:
mounted an 80m in the side bracket and it is blowing air into it
idle temp of 43-44c, and a load temp of 55, after half an hour of prime..:), room temp 32c.

what do you guys think?

Turn the heat sink around so the 80mm fan will blow air onto the heat pipes... this should reduce CPU temperture. Before you do this measure the space available and make sure the heat pipes side of HS will fit next to the 80mm fan :) The idle temps you are getting seem about what I get without a fan on HS at a room temp of 32C.

...err... from the pic you posted it seems that the 80mm fan is blowing air out of the case not on to the HS.

@Eazy: yah.the thing is a monster..:)
@ Freaky: i would, if i could. if you've read my post, you'd see that i had ordered one with the cooler, but it never arrived. and i cant find any in kolkata.

Back