OC & Modding finally..a complete cooling

Finally received my 120 mm fan to mount on the TR Si-128..thanx to Abhisek aka ANP..

its a delta, supposedly pushes a rocking 110 cfm..

dropped my temps from 44-53 to 37-43, load after 15 mins of prime..:eek:hyeah:

obviously i immediately sat down to test how much this cooler could take, with some oc'ing..

dropped ram speed to 200, htt to 3x and multi to 6x, and started pushing the fsb till it went all the way to 300..at 1.35 vcore and the load temps didnt increase a single degree :O..stayed rock solid at 43, though the idle increased to 39.

next i started playing around with the multi and as it crossed 2 ghz i had to give li'l voltage..it went upto 2.4 with 1.37 vcore, load temps being 44

right now i' m priming at 2.65 ghz, 9*295, 1.39 vcore.

load temps are at 47, ambient around 35 :p

here's a cpu-z screenie

only one thing, this fan does not have flat screw holes at the inner edges, but it is slightly raised..see the pic

as a result, my mounting clips are not getting into the holes ( though i dont know if it's supposed to, just thought it might be:bleh: )

should i be worried about my fan slipping?

tirthankar said:
its a delta, supposedly pushes a rocking 110 cfm..

only one thing, this fan does not have flat screw holes at the inner edges, but it is slightly raised..see the pic

as a result, my mounting clips are not getting into the holes ( though i dont know if it's supposed to, just thought it might be:bleh: )
should i be worried about my fan slipping?

OH !! THAT was what made the noise I thought it was a hurricane :D .... THAT fan must make a lot of noise !!! I have a Delta fan that spins at 7500 RPM - could never use it as the neighbours complain of the vacum cleaner noise late at night !! :)

FIRST - get a finger guard !!! Those blades will remove a finger at the speed they must be rotating !!! Finger guards cost below 10/- anywhere at Lamington Road.

If the protusion (spelling ?) on the fan bothers you then file it away with a metal file.... I HATE THE THERMALRIGHT WIRE CLIPS !!! ..... I have cuts on all fingers from trying to attach fans to Thermalright heat sinks when in the case. :(

Eazy said:
OH !! THAT was what made the noise I thought it was a hurricane .... THAT fan must make a lot of noise !!! I have a Delta fan that spins at 7500 RPM - could never use it as the neighbours complain of the vacum cleaner noise late at night !!

Lol..:) ur ear must be one of a kind if you could hear my fan at kolkata all the way from mumbai..:)

this one rotates at about 2520 rpm and has a rating of 42 db at full speed.. no competetor for UR delta, but still pretty loud. but after getting this after 3-4 months longing, the fan seems whisper quiet to me:D

i dont know about finger guards, will have to hunt around in local markets to see if i can find one.or else might go to mumbai in june, will get it from there then..:)
the fan seems pretty firm, also there is almost no vibration, so i think i'll not file it right now.
about the oc, i've run into a wall. any higher than the previous setting and the pc just freezes in prime..:S

Eazy said:
OH !! THAT was what made the noise I thought it was a hurricane :D .... THAT fan must make a lot of noise !!! I have a Delta fan that spins at 7500 RPM - could never use it as the neighbours complain of the vacum cleaner noise late at night !! :)

FIRST - get a finger guard !!! Those blades will remove a finger at the speed they must be rotating !!! Finger guards cost below 10/- anywhere at Lamington Road.

If the protusion (spelling ?) on the fan bothers you then file it away with a metal file.... I HATE THE THERMALRIGHT WIRE CLIPS !!! ..... I have cuts on all fingers from trying to attach fans to Thermalright heat sinks when in the case. :(

O yah dude... I had cut my index finger up pretty bad on my stock cooler itself... I can still c a few blood splatters near the heatsink.... not cleaning it... mostly coz i don't want to get ne liquid on it also as a grim reminder.. eh!

^^not Eazy..as i remember, he recently broke off his hdd sata connector by just "grazing it with his little finger"..:rofl:

nice work there with the super glue Eazy, only hope it's stronger than the plastic..:bleh:

@ Deepak: thanx.. but i cant get it over 2.7 ghz..fsb going as high as 350, but as soon as clock goes to 2.7..prime crashes within 5 mins..:( wonder what is holding it back

tirthankar said:
as soon as clock goes to 2.7..prime crashes within 5 mins..:( wonder what is holding it back

try with the default multiplier of x10 too :)

as far as i know single core AMD socket 939 processors cannot cross 2.7GHz :(

Udit said:
try with the default multiplier of x10 too :)

as far as i know single core AMD socket 939 processors cannot cross 2.7GHz :(

will do that..thanx for the suggestion..:)

right now i'm at 9*299, closest i could get to 3 mark:p

the ram is s**t, wont go a mhz over 200, even with more volts..:mad: running it at 400/266 divider.

i'm priming for the 7th hr straight, will continue for a few more to ensure stability here before changing for more..

the cooler is really gr8. room temps are near 38, but load is stuck at 48, even in a case with as cramped and with bad ventilation as an iBall..

breached 2.7, at 270*10..:)

m/c had become unstable at 275*10, hence increased vcore to 1.4 and currently priming at 2735 mhz. will do so for 1 hr atleast.

udit suggested trying the default 10x multiplier.might have done that anyway, but still thanx..:)

San Diego cores can get up to 2.7-2.9. Higher with good cooling.

My Venice 3200 can go up to 2.65 fairly easily with the RAM down and a 9.5 multi. (I'm no longer having trouble with my OC)

Yesterday I checked the base of my SI-128 and found that it was quite a bit concave - so I did a LAP DANCE on the heatsinks base and now it looks like this .....

lappedwb9.jpg

I did not want to make it a fully mirror finish as I feel mirror finishing is not good for cooling. The finest sand paper I used was 1500 grit.

Back