Storage Solutions File record segment XXXXX is unreadable

alto

Disciple
Hello,

Today at the time of deframenting disk the software said the drive contain errors. Then I run chkdisk utility on the drive and it five segment as unreadable. In summary report it says 5 bad sectors found. My drive is WD green 500 GB, it is only 3 months old. Should I go for a replacement? As I can use the drive now and access all the files will they replace the drive? Or I continue using it? I am using the drive as external one and sometime getting Delayed write failure on the disk.

Make a backup of all the data ASAP. Log on to the WD site and register for an RMA pickup. Do not wait until the hard disk crashes fully. You can RMA it if you have detected bad sectors in the drive.

logistopath said:
Make a backup of all the data ASAP. Log on to the WD site and register for an RMA pickup. Do not wait until the hard disk crashes fully. You can RMA it if you have detected bad sectors in the drive.

If I go for RMA then will WD replace the drive or repair it?

To replace or repair is their discretion. But since its a 3 months old drive, you may get replacement. Check their warranty policy in the WD website..

Back