Less than 10K Feature phone for parents

TheEngineer

Recruit
Aug 12, 2023
I'm looking for a feature phone with good display (at least 2.4 inch screen) and hotspot option.

Planning to have feature phone for outdoor. In Indoor, through wifi hotspot can use old android mobile for entertainment.
Reason for this is new android mobiles are bulky and larger in size.

kiyooo1

Recruit
May 8, 2024
Moto G34 and poco m6 pro are the best phone under 10k but they are not small

You can get a second hand pixel 4a for 10k it's compact and lightweight

TheEngineer

Recruit
Aug 12, 2023
Thanks everyone responded here.
The feature phone I expected was with basic call & SMS only phone with fixed set of functionalities. No such good mobile phones in the market.

In future if kaios phones available means will consider them. (Currently kaios phones limitted to jio is having mixed reviews)

Ended up buying moto g34 mobile.

Reactions: kiyooo1

ikkhan

Patron
Patron
Jan 17, 2023
Thanks everyone responded here.
The feature phone I expected was with basic call & SMS only phone with fixed set of functionalities. No such good mobile phones in the market.

In future if kaios phones available means will consider them. (Currently kaios phones limitted to jio is having mixed reviews)

Ended up buying moto g34 mobile.
Theirs a nokia flip phone for 4k, i purchased it 1 year ago and its really good , looks and feels premium, functionality wise got everything u need have 4g volte for hd calls

This one

Reactions: TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Recruit
Aug 12, 2023
I m laughing my ass off reading this thread.
On a serious note, i would recommend op to go with nokia phones
They have a good number of options.
After the comeback, Nokia != Nokia. Nokia = HMD global.

In my opinion,
With Nokia, Feature phones are buggy !!

Lost faith in Nokia brand as seeing recent trend with their smartphone portfolio.

nick.knack91011

Disciple
Jun 29, 2020
After the comeback, Nokia != Nokia. Nokia = HMD global.

In my opinion,
With Nokia, Feature phones are buggy !!

Lost faith in Nokia brand as seeing recent trend with their smartphone portfolio.
That's true , very true actually as hmd isn't same quality as old nokia. But I'm terms of Kai os phones of all I've tried only nokia ones have been great with amazing community support.

Also, in terms of basic phones it's only nokia which is making decent feature phones with various features and has huge feature phone portfolio. In terms of smartphone I am pretty sure no one looks at nokia though.

nick.knack91011

Disciple
Jun 29, 2020
Which phone you have tried?
Is WhatsApp text messaging and UPI is functional?

Very True.
Almost all lol I still use basic phones most days , gives me mental peace.

Only Kai os ones have whatsapp but u need to use t9 for texting old school style calling works though ( I have too many so am selling one in classifieds ).

In terms of basic phones nokia recently launch 105 , 110 and few other models where UPI works. Text messaging again u need t9 keyboard to type .