Farcry 3 Confirmed

You are supposed to post a link. =\

Far Cry 2 was a total let down, from what I've seen in Assassin's Creed 2, Ubisoft is starting to learn things. Hope this one turns out better too.

Fudzilla

Far Cry 2 was a total let down, from what I've seen in Assassin's Creed 2, Ubisoft is starting to learn things. Hope this one turns out better too.

Fudzilla

Heh, I found Farcry 2 more fun than the original, the atmosphere was more realistic.. and not to mention huge. In addition I found the AI to be decent enough. I never really understood the hoopla in Farcry 1, sure it was pretty but otherwise it was pretty un-engaging especially the rainbow inspired graphics...

far cry 2 was nice to look at but boring because it dragged on--in order to extend the single player mission you ran around in a jeep/boat doing things finding diamonds--there should have been a better way of extending the gameplay.

hopefully farcry 3 would improve over fc 2.

Aces170 said:
Heh, I found Farcry 2 more fun than the original, the atmosphere was more realistic.. and not to mention huge. In addition I found the AI to be decent enough. I never really understood the hoopla in Farcry 1, sure it was pretty but otherwise it was pretty un-engaging especially the rainbow inspired graphics...
I'd rate a game based on all its aspects, not just the textures and engine's smoothness/responsiveness. Cant speak for the rest of you but, the voice actors were miserable for my liking, sounded like they read their phrases out like their life depended on finishing faster. There was no proper story line, all the missions were monotonous. Not my idea of fun. =\

Same goes for Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia.

Well people will only like Farcry 2 if they forget the original Farcry, Don't think its the second part but a completely different game, with name "Farcry 2" in the title...

Once you believe this then its not that bad...

The graphics was great in FC2..But, I couldnt stand the gameplay..
I only played 4 hours of FC2 and I got bored..I got bored killing the same enemies at every checkpost which I had just cleared a minute ago before the mission..
I got bored doing the same kinda missions..The idea of free roam spolied it IMO..
I liked Assasins creed, loved FC but hated FC2..its just me..
Having said that I am really looking forward to Farcry 3, when its released..

Will there be free roam in Antactica???..:)

Dats very true what hailstone said. :eek:hyeah:
Forget Farcry and play Farcry 2 and it is good. I enjoyed playing the game atleast for the half part i played. :p
The graphics and the AI was very good in the game, though no promising storyline.

However, one thing was very irritating, i kill people at checkpoints and the again come back when i come back to the checkpoint. :mad:

Still, i would say i would wait for Farcry 3 even if it in Antarctica. :D

Ya, but its still a game and i wanted to progress in the game rather than killing the same people over and over again.
But still, the game was good if we leave this aside, the long rides, the boat rides, the night walks and so on...:p

Lol you people actually used to confront at each and every checkpost, I used to just rush past most of them. What got me hooked were the locales, a change from the largely developed urban/WW2/or fantasy settings of most of the other games. I also liked the open expanse gave you a lot of freedom to use different approaches to complete missions.

On the other hand Far cry 1 I got plain bored after some time, it was just like countless other FPS with pretty but nauseating graphics.

Snow is something that always looks awesome in games so I hope it is in fact set in antartica... that way the driving might also be more straightforward :p

Aces170 said:
Lol you people actually used to confront at each and every checkpost, I used to just rush past most of them.
So basically all there is left is driving around and collecting diamonds.

While your theory of most games being "rush and sabotage" is true, Far Cry 2 however is still a very bad example, if at all it qualifies, for a game that introduces variety.

Back