Falling into a Black Hole - Fresh New NASA Black Hole Visualization Will take You on a Trip Beyond the Brink

rootyme

Jaadoo
Adept
Ever wonder what happens when you fall into a black hole? Thanks to a new, immersive visualization produced on a NASA supercomputer, you can now plunge into the event horizon, a black hole’s point of no return.

NASA Simulation’s Plunge Into a Black Hole: Explained:

The same video in 360 mode:

Download these high-resolution videos (upto 8K!) straight from NASA:

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/14576

The flyby explainer - NASA Simulation’s Flight Around a Black Hole: Explained:

In 360 -

Credits:

NASA Science Blog: https://science.nasa.gov/supermassi...visualization-takes-viewers-beyond-the-brink/

One more excellent Black Hole simulation.

YouTuber puts 4 Million Suns in a Black Hole over New York:

Corrections and Notes from the video description -

"I messed up one of the lines towards the end, I said TON618 has more mass than the entire Milky Way but I meant to say more mass than all the stars in the Milky Way. The Milky Way has a lot of hidden matter called dark matter which makes the galaxy incredibly heavy, a lot heavier than the stars.

Also the physicists out there might not be super happy with my description of gravity reaching out and grabbing things, technically it bends spacetime but I do try to balance how technical I am so everyone can appreciate it.

A few people have said Phoenix A is bigger than TON618 but as of February 2024 I think TON618 still has the crown, PhoenixA has been measured indirectly by a couple of different methods, one bigger than TON618 and one smaller. TON618 has been measured directly so is the more reliable black hole king… for now. "

Last edited:
The same video in 360 mode:

That link is of a fly by, it confused me since at one point near the event horizon you should be able to see the back view of yourself as light from behind you loops around the black hole and reaches your eyes. Here I could see the entire black hole go behind me and left me scratching my head lol.

Here's the actual plunge in 360, watch on your phone or VR headset:

That link is of a fly by, it confused me since at one point near the event horizon you should be able to see the back view of yourself as light from behind you loops around the black hole and reaches your eyes. Here I could see the entire black hole go behind me and left me scratching my head lol.

Here's the actual plunge in 360, watch on your phone or VR headset:
Fixed. Had posted the wrong 360 by mistake. :p

Back