Evga 9800 GX2 @ 285$

Umm more heat and bigger than a HD4870 and its outperformed by the latter in MOST tests.

Nice try nVidia, but no thank you! :)

As already said by many....9800GX2 is still the fastest single card out there....ofcourse dual GPU's is something many wont like coz of the higher heat and power requirements...

damn thats an amazing offer for the fastest card out there, can even play crysis at full reso with ease,wonder how much will katmandude charge

Anish said:
Umm more heat and bigger than a HD4870 and its outperformed by the latter in MOST tests.

Nice try nVidia, but no thank you! :)

ATi fanbois drive me nuts!!! :D :D .. I mean come on .. nVidia releases great products too , why is it always the fashion to go after the big guys? Some years ago it was AMD vs. Intel. All these "geeks" saying AMD is better .. etc. etc. Well right now .. Intel is way better.

[OFFTOPIC]
Then there is Linux vs. Windows. Seriously .. its like a guy's sig here ..

" Fake ass Open Source "Geeks" don't know how much Microsoft has contributed to computing "

or something in those lines. When you think linux, the most accessible one seems Ubuntu. I go and install it. Hey .. I want to watch I movie .. no DivX, no Xvid nothing .. a plain old MPEG file. (After trying to open it .. ) What the HELL is this TOTEM Media Player anyway? How come its called a media player when it can't play anything??
[/OFFTOPIC]
Well .. SOME ATi fanbois think ATi is GOD. :bleh:

9800 GTX -- Piece of cake for 4850 ( true IMO )
9800GTX+ -- 4850 still beats it in MOST cases .. ( actually not so true)
GTX 260 -- 4870 beats the crap out of it. ( actually equal in some cases )
GTX 280 -- Too costly .. 4870 CF is better

9800GX2 -- Bah .. 4870 can take ANYTHING ..

[OFFTOPIC]
Ok ... I needed to blow off some steam there .. Actually I have installed linux on the system as a sort of a backup. Vista is very stable .. much mroe so than XP, but due to some problems with my HDD heating up, bad PSU etc. the drive has a tendency to get corrupted. And my optical drive also acts up sometimes ( prolly due to PSU again) and I can't boot from the Vista DVD. So Ubuntu comes as a sort of backup.

I know my way around the linux console though. But I don't know how some layman would .. say know how to force mount an NTFS partition in linux, when it doesn't get automatically mounted due to some "BAD SHUTDOWN" flag being set. The drive just won't appear and he would be damn confused!! :) . Same with finding the right media player/codecs etc. Of course, linux is a very good development environment seeing as it comes with a compiler package OTB.
[/OFFTOPIC]

Back on topic. This seems like a great offer especially seeing that it retails for more than 30-35k here. It will most likely be around 15k-16k with KMD. With a good PSU, it will ROCK. :hap2:

Back