Everything bought, just the CPU and cabinet needed.

sa_ill

Disciple
Hey everyone!

So I've been getting a little bored off my current rig lately, the following are the specs:

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q8200

Motherboard: Gigabyte G31 mATX

GPU: ATI 6850 1 GB (just replaced my 4850 with this one)

RAM: OCZ 4GB Gold plated DDR2 800 MHz

HDD: WD Caviar Green 500 GB

Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX

So I just returned from a recent trip from the US and this what I purchased:

Motherboard: Asus P8 Z68-V / GEN3

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GB x 2 DDR3 1600 Mhz 9-9-9-24

SSD: Corsair Force 3 90GB

So what you guys think of my purchase? Sounds good? What about the mobo?

So now all thats left is a CPU and a Cabinet.

The CPU I am considering is an i5 2500k. How much will it cost me and what is the cheapest place to get it in Delhi?

Since I plan on going for Crossfire in the future, what cabinet do you recommend me? My budget for a cabinet is Rs. 5000/-.

Whats important in a cabinet for me:

SOLID Build quality, preferably metal and no plastic.

Features are not important, but would be nice, what I am really looking for is great build quality.

A USB 3.0 header would be nice.

Looking forward to your. always helpful replies
<

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]CPU-Intel i5 2500k-13.5k[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]CASE-Corsair Carbide 400R-5k[/font] OR CM 690 II Plus ADVANCE-4.7k

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]CPU Cooler-CM Hyper 212 EVO-2.1k[For ocing the proccy][/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]You haven't mentioned the psu,do mention that also,you've done a good purchase,congrats for that[/font]
<

If you add 1k in case then you get-CM Storm Scout-6.1k

@Jakob

My PSU, which I upgraded recently, is a Cooler MAster 550W PSU. I'm gonna use this for now, when I X-Fire then I'll upgrade.

Also, how far can I go with the overclocking on the i5 2500k with its stock cooler?

Which cm psu is it,if it's extreme power plus series then i'd advise you to change the psu,also i don't think you'd oc i5 2500k with the stock cooler.
@Jakob

My PSU, which I upgraded recently, is a Cooler MAster 550W PSU. I'm gonna use this for now, when I X-Fire then I'll upgrade.

Also, how far can I go with the overclocking on the i5 2500k with its stock cooler?

I dont remember the exact model, I threw out the box
<
but it is a Bronze rated PSU, so I think I'm pretty well covered with it.

The Carbide 400 looks good, where can I get it in Delhi? I know CM cabinets are available at SMC International, but they dont keep any other branded cases.

you can visit our office at Nehru Place. We do provide Corsair/CM Cabinets and other hardware. Pming you my number, in case you wanna contact.

And judging by the information you gave, you must have Cooler Master GX 550 PSU, which is a decent PSU for its price. It will hold good for your current configuration.

Update:

So I finally visited Systembuilder's Office in Nehru Place and bought the following:

Corsair Carbide 400R

Intel Core i5 2500K

TVS Mechanical Keyboard

Thank you Systembuilder!

It was a good experience buying from your store.

I would recommend this supplier to all Delhi techies!

Back