Even BluRay not good enough for MGS4 - Kojima

Ck Nish

Skilled
Bask everyone! Bask in the words from the man that loves to spew the words that everyone wants to hear.

N4G.com : MGS4: Kojima says "50GB BD Not Enough For MGS4"

In an exclusive interview with Hideo Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear Solid series, has made complains about 50GB BD not been sufficient. The Metal Gear Solid producer considers the Blu Ray disc too small and that they had to make compromises in order to put the game on the 50GB BD. According to Hideo, the programmers had to compress some parts in the game to save disc space.

Kojima : I am not satisfied with the quality yet, however...there isn't enough space.

Interviewer: Not enough space..on..Blu-ray..?

Kojima: Yes.(laughs). Not enough space.

I especially love how Kojima acts as though compression is suddenly some sort of blasphemous practice.

This is unbelievable. I think Kojima doesn't believe in compression anymore....MGS4 is gonna be perfect...but it doesn't have to be that perfect lol

It would be a shame if MGS4 were actually split across 2 BR disks.

Lol ! Kojima loves to send ps3 fanbois in an orgasmic tizzy !

"OMg d00d did you heer that ! 1 Bloray disck isn't nuff for MGS ! omg ! omg "

@params: Perfectio never meant shunning a common practice such as compression but then again most ps3 games are bloated with redundant data.

Oh this is sublimely stupid.

Crysis the best looking game. EVER. With gameplay of about 10-15 hours can fit in under 10 GB.

I am not saying MGS 4 doesnt look good but its not Crysis good. And I bet money it wouldnt be a longer game than Crysis either so how in gods name can he go past 25 let alone 50 GB?

m47r1m said:
Oh this is sublimely stupid.

Crysis the best looking game. EVER. With gameplay of about 10-15 hours can fit in under 10 GB.

I am not saying MGS 4 doesnt look good but its not Crysis good. And I bet money it wouldnt be a longer game than Crysis either so how in gods name can he go past 25 let alone 50 GB?

Unless he has loads of HD video content on the disc. :p

Lord Nemesis said:
Unless he has loads of HD video content on the disc. :p

Yes but the point is even if he has stuffed it to brim with HD cutscenes (as most MGS games tend to be) all the MGS cutscenes are made from in game assets. Its not like Final Fantasy where all cutscenes are pre rendered. So even if every 3 minute gameplay bit is followed by a 30 minute cutscene (again as most MGS games tend to be) its still not going to need that much space. Because its not stand alone video but merely in game assets.

Which leads me to believe that either

a) He has not only not compressed any assets but actually has rubbish data (data not related to the game in anyway) ala Resistance on the Blu ray disc (to speed up read times).
OR

b) Its all PR bullshit.

matey's got it right. You have to at least a slight grasp of reality to know that gaming is going to hell when they already need more than 50GB of storage space.

KK said:
I don't get it - with the PS3's high memory bandwidth and 7 SPE's, decompression should be the least of their problems!

But then filling those 50 gigs certainly would.

Also. Params post has once again not disappointed me even in the slightest.

I pity the X360 owners!!
They have to be content with this :

f20p3rm1mb76d62eev5.png

:devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

Assuming it ever does come out for the X360, we'll probably see a version that's a lot more refined, that actually denies Kojima from acting like a pampered spoilt brat who complains despite everything that is provided to him.

its all about multi CPUs and multi GPUs now even farcry 2 wont be more than 10gb as said by the developer that more data is no need when u hav more cpu n gpu power n that ps3 doesnt has so a 50gb game also not enough. Also mgs4 will also hav many hd videos in it so i think its more than 50gb.

So what you're saying is that the PS3 is the console equivalent of a two year old baby that needs spoon feeding as it's too under developed to do anything on it's own. I'm not sure if you're supporting or opposing the PS3. Also, a game shouldn't have to make sacrifices to include HD videos as it has no actual bearing on the actual game.

Umm the person who didn't make an argument was recently arguing that Sony should introduce a 128 bit OS....

Does anyone know whether Bluray is CLV or CAV?

Back