EP 630 vs EP 830 vs Sony MDR-EX082

sri_rng

Adept
I have EP 630 presently. I was planning to order EP 830 after I get my Zen from KMD.. Now I cancelled Zen and I am getting Sony A-728. MDR-EX082 premium earphones are bundled with the sony earphones. I want to ask you guys how good is MDR-EX082 compared to Creative's..

Some thoughts please..

Dude seriously , people will say that the EP-830's are better. But since you are getting the Sony one's bundled there is no such urgency for you to spend on the EP830s. It won't show a very significant difference. So if you're expecting a BIG CHANGE i recommend you to go for something way better than the EP830s. The sony ones will be just below or maybe on par with the EP830s. (PS - Just a guess , I aint sure since I haven't read the specifications.)

I have the same bundled EX082 and EP630s. The Sony IEM is good but I still prefer the EP630 because they sound a bit better and fit better in the ears than the Sony.

There is no need at all to replace MDR-EX082 with EP-830.

If you want to replace, check MDR-EX35LP or higher grade headphones. They are far better than EP-630 or 830.

ep630 mids are muddled compared to ex82...louder but more of thud-thud in bass than ex82. ex82 is quite better than ep630. Have both of em. Wud prefer ex82 nyday. Havent heard ep830

There is no limit to the sound quality increase one can get. The more you are willing to spend the better it sounds. And once you go down that road you don't return.

And just a question.. Since you guys are getting such expensive earphones I just hope that your mp3's are atleast minimum 320kbps and not 128 or you have advanced to Flac. Because if you want to go into better quality sound than the stuff you listen to should also be better quality.

^^ Thats not quite true ! Even 128 kbps Mp3s will sound much better with a better earphone. The mp3 quality will come into play when you have some high impedance cans costing a good deal over 10k.

i think u should go with sony as i've tried them they have deep bass and clear effects and i think they are far better than creatives as they have better quality of wiring stuff for long lasting

desiibond said:
There is no need at all to replace MDR-EX082 with EP-830.

If you want to replace, check MDR-EX35LP or higher grade headphones. They are far better than EP-630 or 830.

Hello.How does the MDR-EX35 rate with respect to bass? I know about Sony's SQ, but I'd really like to know if the EX35 has good bass response, because the ep 630's are known for their bass.

Back