English TV series discussion

Just finished an old Show by Aaron Sorkin called Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Mathew Perry, Amanda Peet, Bradley Whitford are the main casts. They had only one season but it was fantastic and one of the most authentic looking drama.

2nd season is alright when compared to other seasons but there is no way one can skip it as it carries forward the first season plot line.

Hands down the best show ever for me along with Breaking Bad!
The Wire is a slow burn for sure but once you get past your initial impatience it grabs a hold of
you...
I also felt the same at the start but after a while it solidified the impression that it is the best show period..Followed only by Mr. Robot.(although it is to be seen if the later seasons of Mr. Robot continue the high standard set by Season 1).

Underestimated The Wire.. A Master piece... Indeed.. Man this is one of the best shows I've watched in years along True Detective,breaking bad, Fargo, Band of brothers Etc.

What a crock of sh!t that episode was. The only thing that's holding Sherlock together is the chemistry between these great actors and the overall production. The story leaves a lot to be desired. The Christmas Special was so self-indulgent, it felt like I was watching someone masturbating to his own reflection.

If you’re looking for someone to blame for the boring disappointing monstrosity otherwise known as the second season of True Detective, HBO President Michael Lombardo is willing to fall on his sword.

In a recent interview with The Frame, Lombardo explained that the success of the show’s first season caused him to put a lot of undue pressure on series creator Nic Pizzolatto to deliver a repeat performance in a compressed time frame. To the point, Lombardo said that he effectively gave Pizzolatto an arbitrary deadline rather than letting him work through the creative process and deliver a finished product when he was truly done.

“And I think in this particular case,” Lombardo explains, “the first season of ‘True Detective’ was something that Nic Pizzolatto had been thinking about, gestating, for a long period of time. He’s a soulful writer. I think what we did was go, ‘Great.’ And I take the blame. I became too much of a network executive at that point. We had huge success. ‘Gee, I’d love to repeat that next year.'”
“Well, you know what? I set him up,” Lombardo continued. “To deliver, in a very short time frame, something that became very challenging to deliver. That’s not what that show is. He had to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. Find his muse. And so I think that’s what I learned from it. Don’t do that anymore.”

Source: http://bgr.com/2016/01/06/why-was-true-detective-season-2-so-bad/

Mofo Lombardo.. Spoilt the entire True detective pace.

Done with Fargo S1. Gave goosebumps few times :)

Is there any watchable Sherlock style "detective" series, besides Elementary & Castle?

Done with Fargo S1. Gave goosebumps few times :)

Is there any watchable Sherlock style "detective" series, besides Elementary & Castle?

I love different cutting edge technologies explored by Elementary. IMO, it is several notches above other procedural shows.

Watched Blacklist S01 - it's an average show IMO. Unnecessarily dragged in many times. It's like "Barbie FBI" :D. Since I didn't had internet for two weeks (house shifting), I had to watch something.

Back