English TV series discussion

The latest episode of Entourage was awesome! just when the season is about to end, they hot up things, by giving AriG more screen time, and boy does he deliver! Whats more Ashley is gone ( I hope) and Sloan should be back, so all in all making of an exciting season finale, compared to the totally insipid season prior to the latest episode

vij said:
Has anyone seen "The 4400" ? How is it? The plot looks good.

it starts off good. good plot n storyline for initial episodes. but then nothing really happens, it becomes stupid & boring & ends up like heroes where every1 has super powers.

dantool said:
^yup,and charlie from lost will play a pivoting role in this series.also penelope from lost is the main lead.

where is charlie? i havent seen him in the 1st 2 episodes. ur talking abt flashfoward right?

i saw the 1st 2 episodes of flashforward. I must admit that so far it is a brilliant show. Also it was 1 of the best premiere episodes i have ever seen (including lost, prison break, 24 & all the other big 1's). usually all good shows 1st episodes are average to below average, but this was brilliant, especially the ending of it.

The show can go a really really long way if handled correctly & can eventually fill the gaps that are left by prison break & next year by lost when its ended.

hope these guys dont screw it up.

flashforward has had a good start for sure. what i wonder though, is whether they will have any sort of decent story past the first season. the entire season is going to be based on this flashforward that needs to be resolved within the 6 months they have in the show. what happens after that, in season 2 and beyond?

there's a very real possibility that they can have a great first season and then lose it altogether later on (like heroes). or they could make it abstract and ridiculous like lost.

stormblast said:
where is charlie? i havent seen him in the 1st 2 episodes. ur talking abt flashfoward right?

The source i got it from had a glimpse of the future episodes,one of which had charlie saying"he knows why this(flash forward) has happened".so i'm assuming he'll play a pivotal role.

Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) joins the cast in episode 3. He is listed to play "Simon" on IMDB.

A lot of rumors are floating around the web about the show's connection with LOST. Most believe that both the shows happen in the same universe. Some theories are suggesting that the "reset" aka bomb exploding in the hatch on Lost is the reason for the flash forward. On the island it happens in 2008, off the island it's 2009.

Also the Oceanic Airlines Billboard in episode 1 only fueled the LOST connection fire.

Oceanic-Airlines-FlashForward.jpg

Hmm Stargate:Universe, the premiere was ok, hope it builds up well like the previous 2 versions, Atlantis was doing pretty good to can it and start a new show etc... but what the heck its stargate, and I think the franchisee is going the startrek way :)

chiron said:
Community seemed promising but seems to be a mess much like Role Models was.

Ok, I change my answer for now. This might actually turn out to be something memorable as long as you skip the last 5 mins or so.

man, the entourage season finale was awesome. it's such a shame that the rest of the season was so weak, because episodes like this are the reason why i love entourage.

** spoilers ahead **

johnny drama's speech at the audition was moving. eric and sloane finally getting together was nice. ari gold's terminator sequence was amazingly funny. lloyd and the "congratulation, now you are a real ASIAN" thing was great too. and matt damon was awesome, especially after the end credits.

all in all, wonderful end to the season. if only they had had a good story for the rest of it.

I finished watching Breaking Bad today. What an awesome show. It definitely gets a place in my Top 10. Earlier I used to wonder why Hugh Laurie doesn't win an emmy for being house but after watching Bryan Cranston act, I am glad that he doesn't.

For peeps who have watched the show, I was kinda bummed by how season 2 ended. Watching Jesse in that condition was definitely depressing but I guess that was needed since season 1 had done nothing but glorify the Meth use.

But I kinda liked it when walter was all gearing up to be the bad-ass balder version of Tony Montana. After watching the ballad of Heisenberg, I really thought that he is all set to become the Drug-lord. But that story-arc died a premature death. Walter confronting tuco for the first time and bringing all that cash was one of the most awesome scenes I have seen in a TV show.

I wonder what would now push walter to continue cooking since now he is all cured and all plus he still has a lot of surplus cash left. Greed ... maybe?

I have started watching Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law.

This is one hell of a funny show. Highly recommended, 10-11 mins each episode. Makes for some good fun on your ipod.

spindoctor said:
man, the entourage season finale was awesome. it's such a shame that the rest of the season was so weak, because episodes like this are the reason why i love entourage.

** spoilers ahead **
johnny drama's speech at the audition was moving. eric and sloane finally getting together was nice. ari gold's terminator sequence was amazingly funny. lloyd and the "congratulation, now you are a real ASIAN" thing was great too. and matt damon was awesome, especially after the end credits.

all in all, wonderful end to the season. if only they had had a good story for the rest of it.
I didn't realise it was actually meant to be a 12 episode season. It was only towards the end when everything was ending far too well, that I began to realise the season has indeed ended.

I loved the finale. Ari put in his best effort and again pulled off a winning performance. Turtle finally put an end (hopefully) to his chapter with Jamie. Drama got a holding deal and well Eric and Sloan got engaged. Talk about one happy closing to everything. It was shocking to see Ari mellow down and finally appreciate Lloyd for his work and Lloyd for growing major balls to talk back to Ari. That was a hilarious moment.

The whole Matt Damon charity thing was completely unnecessary. Then again I guess it was added to prolong the run time.

Back