English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

ok so i just started watching the vampire diaries and it's basically twilight : the tv series. i'm 15 minutes in and i can't stand it anymore. utterly, completely useless.

I just finished watching the first season of "Sons of Anarchy" on recommendation of spindoctor. It started out a little dull for me but soon I was hooked on to it. Its an extremely well made and well acted show. Everyone should give it a try.

Also, there is a marked improvement in "Leverage" in season 2. The current season is far better then the first season, the cons are more intelligent and the humor quotient has been increased which is nice to watch. Another reason why this season doesn't suck is because of Timothy Hutton. He is such a talented actor and he is not always wasted like he was in season 1. He reminds me so much of Tom Hanks. Everyone who gave up on this show after season 1 should give it another try.

Bluffmaster said:
I just finished watching the first season of "Sons of Anarchy" on recommendation of spindoctor. It started out a little dull for me but soon I was hooked on to it. Its an extremely well made and well acted show. Everyone should give it a try.

glad you liked it. season 2 premiered this tuesday, so don't forget to catch up :)

for anyone who might be thinking of trying it, it takes a little bit of patience (maybe 2 episodes) to get used to the motorcycle club culture which they have used as the main background for the show. and of course, keeping track of all the stories of the ensemble cast... but once you pick it up, it's just great.

alright melrose place is garbage too. there's some eye candy but it's not enough to make it worth watching.

(for the tf2 players... while watching this show, my eyes glazed over and i imagined backstabbing the entire cast with the spy's butterfly knife.)

spindoctor said:
glad you liked it. season 2 premiered this tuesday, so don't forget to catch up :)

for anyone who might be thinking of trying it, it takes a little bit of patience (maybe 2 episodes) to get used to the motorcycle club culture which they have used as the main background for the show. and of course, keeping track of all the stories of the ensemble cast... but once you pick it up, it's just great.

Yes, saw it. Great episode. I quite like the direction the show is taking. Jax vs Clay. The last scene was quite shocking, she deserved it though. :p

Bluffmaster said:
Yes, saw it. Great episode. I quite like the direction the show is taking. Jax vs Clay. The last scene was quite shocking, she deserved it though. :p

that's harsh man. i realize that she's a fictional character but no one ever deserves it :no:

The season finale of True Blood was kind of an anti climax. There was very little action, the acting was horribly bad and the end was such that it did not leave me excited for the 3rd season. I was disappointed.

yep, lame ending to true blood. even season one had a pretty weak ending imo. seems like they don't know how to close stories up with a bang.

i'm watching 30 rock season 1 right now... a lot of people say it's an amazing comedy but it feels pretty average to me. it's not bad, but it's not great either. just waiting for next week when the floodgates open :D

Just finished watching Season 1 of Fringe, while it started off on a great note but became mediocre by the end. Still a nice watch though.

Watching Hustle simultaneously and I must say WOW. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Currently into Season 2. Season 1 was a slow start + a bit serious. But Season 2 has got everything season 1 had plus some good humor added in along with some marvelous con tricks. Amazing stuff. Must watch for everyone.

I have finished all seasons of Hustle and its very good....these days into sci-fi finished kyle xy and started Eureka....anything more in sci-fi ?

Deepak said:
Watching Hustle simultaneously and I must say WOW. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Currently into Season 2. Season 1 was a slow start + a bit serious. But Season 2 has got everything season 1 had plus some good humor added in along with some marvelous con tricks. Amazing stuff. Must watch for everyone.

Wait for season 3. Its the best season of Hustle.

Guys I am looking for a TV series in the following genres

Action/Adventure/Sci-fi/Catastrophe/Horror/Thriller

Not looking at comedy or drama at all.

I likled 24, Prison Break, Lost, Jericho, Dexter(1st season).

True blood has a lot of drama, I seriously suggest you give Burn notice a try, I simply loved it, am sick of the drama deluge in the other series etc...

Also Eureka, one of the better sci-fi on currently. Oh and ofcourse, hustle which is mentioned a few post above.

Back