English TV series discussion

raptor3624 said:
you know.. there was this really awesome sitcom called Boston Public which used to be relayed on Star World.I loved that show!
Did you mean Boston Legal???

I had downloaded the 1st season and am watching it right now.

raptor3624 said:
you know.. there was this really awesome sitcom called Boston Public which used to be relayed on Star World.I loved that show!

Dude, Boston Public is not a sitcom, it would probably come under 'drama'.

wingmysoul said:
Finished watching Prison Break, going to start a new series soon. Should I start with Chuck or 24?
I Haven't seen 24 yet, but seriously Chuck is awesome :), I'm in Season 2 and i can recommend it to any person!

Aman27deep said:
I Haven't seen 24 yet, but seriously Chuck is awesome :), I'm in Season 2 and i can recommend it to any person!

Well i started with Chuck, saw 2 episodes and i enjoyed it. That actress with the funny name is awesome!

pradeep200417 said:
Just started watching the first season of Boston Legal. I found it pretty good. Specially the character Alan Shore played by James Spader.

I used to watch the show only to hear the speeches by James Spader. The monologues he has delivered on this show are the best I've seen on TV. He is too damn good. I read somewhere that even for his 2-4 pages long monologues, he barely glanced through them. He has a photographic memory.

Denny Crane (William Shatner), on the other hand is again amazing. Any actor would have overdone the role he plays so easily. Brilliant.

The writing is brilliant too. And the best part is that they tackle all the real world issues ( American mostly ) which you might have read somewhere, sometime. If you can get it, watch at least the first 4 seasons. 5th season was good, but nowhere near the first 4. :)

Sei said:
I used to watch the show only to hear the speeches by James Spader. The monologues he has delivered on this show are the best I've seen on TV. He is too damn good. I read somewhere that even for his 2-4 pages long monologues, he barely glanced through them. He has a photographic memory.

Denny Crane (William Shatner), on the other hand is again amazing. Any actor would have overdone the role he plays so easily. Brilliant.

The writing is brilliant too. And the best part is that they tackle all the real world issues ( American mostly ) which you might have read somewhere, sometime. If you can get it, watch at least the first 4 seasons. 5th season was good, but nowhere near the first 4. :)
Yes, Boston legal is good and Spader is briliant. If you want to watch a more serious check out the practice, it truly is awesome.

Sei said:

BL was my favorite show while it lasted. Brilliant through and through, and while they tackled real world issues in a humorous over-the-top manner, it never felt stupid.
And the grand finale to the series was just ridiculously awesome :lol:.

Back