EKEN A90 Tablet 9.7Inch IPS Android 4.0 tablet

amitjoel

Disciple
Guys i am planning to buy a new adroid tablet after watching the micromax funtab. some people suggested to go for this tablet which has the IPS display. the specs are given below.

i am not able to get any reviews for this tablet. If any of you have any ideas please let me know.

Model EKEN A90 Tablet PC CPU All Winner A10, 1.0GHz; GPU: Mali 400 Operation System Android 4.0.3 RAM 1GB DDR 3 Nand Flash 8GB Shell Material Plastic Screen Size 9.7 Inch Type Capacitive Screen, IPS Resolution 1024 x 768 Visible Angle 180° 3G Not built in, support 3G/WCDMA dongle Extend Card Support TF card up to 16GB Camera Dual camera, front is 0.3 and back is 2.0 Megapixels Gravity Sensor Yes Multi-Touch Yes, 5 points touch Flash Support Flash 11.1 Android Market Yes, built in Youtube Yes Bluetooth No Video 2160P(3840×2160 px), AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG Ebook TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2 Skype Yes Email and Browser Yes, built in WIFI 802.11 b/g/n GPS No Earphone Interface 3.5mm Battery 5000 MAh (Working time: 4~6 hours) Language Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Spanish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese Other Applications Office, Browser, Gallery, Clock, Calculator, Calendar, Taskiller, Gmail Product Size 242 x 190 x 11mm Product Weight 548g Extend Port 1 x MINI HDMI port 2 x Micro USB port; 1 x 3.5mm earphone port; 1 x TF card port Package Weight 872g Package Including 1 x Charger 1 x USB cable; 1 x OTG cable
The price is coming around 10K.

Read about this one in another forum as well.

That CPU is that a single core or Dual? You perhaps need to get a view on how it handles the apps you are planning to run. Android tabs have these microlags at times which can be irritating.

For the price, it looks VFM.

ps: If you do buy it, do post a review.

Pandawill is a good site, and I had bought quite a few from them. I had bought Gpad G10 from them few years back and no issues so far.

Also, suggest you to go for Onda compared to Eken, as Onda's build quality is very good. I am having one mp4 player and also, a GPS unit from Onda and they are of excellent quality.

i was looking for a 10" tablet too and had finally listed these two plus another model called 'ampe a90' iirc..

though, i dropped my plan as i don't wanna take a risk about the custom duties, i mean if it gets charged, i won't be able to pay those extra bucks for it. in the end, i booked a micromax funbook 7"..

#amitjoel #tech4pk, can you guys please comment on the customs issue here, i mean have you been charged yet? or how much duties will be there on the tablet? and if i refuse the parcel, can i ask pandawill to return my money..?

In Bangalore, I had issues with the customs duty. for my GPad G10, where the price was around 150$, I was charged the customs duty of 2700/- rupees. PW sends these >100$ items through FedEx, and FedEx has some team who would be evaluating the prices and charge the duty.

Just make sure that PW declares a low and reasonable value, and make sure that you are aware of it. Sometimes, you will be asked to mail the invoice (you might need to make one fake invoice with that declared value). If they find any difference in the declared value and your invoice copy, then they charge some penalty of aruond 1500/-.

If they ship it through FedEx, then not much customs hassles. It's very smooth process as long all are in the same page
<

yeah, as i saw at pw site, it'll be using ups as the courier which would be a pretty safe and hassle-free solution for the customer, with custom duty set to be charged.. so, i think i'll pass on a 10" tab.. funbook will do for me..
cry.gif

Get Micromax Funbook for 6.5 k it is best in the market right now,

it is indian company so no worry about warranty, features almost the same... and best it is bundled with USB dongle with some free 3g data to use..

it is also on the same Alwinner A10 CPU with same Mali 400 GPU...

^^ you can try your luck on ebay, i saw a few listings there.. Thoug acquiring a new one would be really hard as they have been discontinued officially..

There is a guy selling his hp touchpad, check wanted section in tp here, there would be a thread made by me..

I am finally planning for the tablet at onda-sale site with a 7'' display and he has agreed to provide a alternate invoice slip with a 50USd less for the custom purpose. so should i go for it guys. i wa first wanting the 10" version, however looking at various sites the 7" was more suitable since the android apps are not designed specifically for the 10" models but are just stretched to suite the screens.

I am finally planning for the tablet at onda-sale site with a 7'' display and he has agreed to provide a alternate invoice slip with a 50USd less for the custom purpose. so should i go for it guys. i wa first wanting the 10" version, however looking at various sites the 7" was more suitable since the android apps are not designed specifically for the 10" models but are just stretched to suite the screens.

Which model you are planning to go for ?

I am trying to place order with onda-sale but the payment gateway is not eorking , has anybody experienced the same problem.

The second option is to buy from pandawill, however i am a little skeptical about the payment gateway. has anybody made any purchases before from pandawill and how is thier delivery schedule

Back