EARTH QUAKE ALERTTTT!

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]According to NDTV[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]"On the beaches at Chennai, policemen used megaphones to ask people to leave, with little effect"[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Really dumb people. Have also heard from my friend, that people started gathering at marina beach to see whether tsunami is coming or not. Stupid idiot people. Dont care at all for there lives.[/font]

Nature trolled
indifferent14.gif

for a FULL minute and I mean it no joke
chair.gif
. I was shit scared the whole time
mad44.gif

and at around 4.20pm second time for 20 seconds.

_

1 min has reduced to 20 secs.. but it still is a joke.. if earth shakes for such long period, u hardly feel your own soul.. u might even lose ur soul to somewhere on the globe..

I am in East India. I was out of my room and when I returned at night, my fridge was near my bed and my table was at the fridge's original position. Strange.

for a minute?? hahaha that was a nice joke

It actually isn't - the first one lasted a full 2 and a half minutes : And I ain't kidding. I started counting after about a minute or so once I realized the tremor didn't stop and it went on for another minute and a half. Check the news - the tremors in Indonesia lasted a full 5 minutes!

The 2nd one was quite short in comparison - lasted 30 seconds

I seriously did not expect the first one to last that long!
fear.gif

Dude, I felt 30 seconds here at Bangalore. And what people meant is that that is the duration they felt the vibration not the duration of the quake. Although I don't know how you can measure the duration of an earth quake without reaching the epicenter before time.

@rakesh_ic

Dude there is nothing unbelivable in that, the severity of earth quake doesnt depend on how much duration u feel but how much magnitude it had.

And believe me(my opinion)

it is not a natural quake, USA did it, yes USA Mr. Abama Burrick did it, dont believe me just google for H.A.A.R.P

@rakesh_ic

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/faq/?categoryID=2&faqID=114

The duration of shaking at a point on the ground depends on how long the earthquake took to occur and how the waves move through the ground to that point. If there are a lot of reflections and resonances near the point (for instance in a sedimentary valley) the shaking will last longer. In an area without resonances (for instance on a hard block of rock) it will last a shorter time. You also have to specify a duration of shaking over a given level. We can actually detect the shaking from the very largest earthquakes for weeks after they occur but no one would say that they felt it for that long. So the duration of shaking is a very complex topic.

Back