Audio Earphone/headphone maintainance queries

Krow

Disciple
The question is simple:

How long did your last pair of earphones last? Which are the longer lasting brands/varieties? (Do IEM's last longer than collapsibles?)

How should one maintain earphones/headphones?

Asking these as I have a terrible record with earphones. All my cheapo ones have died pretty soon and one Philips earphone lasted three months.

i prefer keeping my IEMS safe in the case provided...

a good quality IEMS do last a long..

my last pair of PL 30 lasted a yr long till i lost them :(

i always tend to loose my IEMs before they die

Seriously what do you really do with them, hope you are using them only for listening.

Jokes apart never encountered such problems, mine last at least a year.

Maximum duration that a earphone last for me on Daily use is close to 1 and half year.Its Atrio M5. The cable will broke in most of the cases.

Try to get the earphones with replaceable cables.

Thank you for all these replies guys. Thanks Metalspree for the links. :)

One more query, how to fold up the earphones while putting them in pocket, bag, etc? I just roll them up around my fist, not too tight and place them in. Is this fine? Also, will IEM's damage my ears in any way? I never keep the volume up too high, but is there any risk?

thenvk said:
Maximum duration that a earphone last for me on Daily use is close to 1 and half year.Its Atrio M5. The cable will broke in most of the cases.

Try to get the earphones with replaceable cables.

Any suggestions for that kind of earphone? What is the cost of those?

Krow said:

Only seen it in headphones. Moreover havnt seen anywhere, selling their cables alone.
im looking for a replacement cable for my shp8900.

Krow said:
Thank you for all these replies guys. Thanks Metalspree for the links. :)

One more query, how to fold up the earphones while putting them in pocket, bag, etc? I just roll them up around my fist, not too tight and place them in. Is this fine? Also, will IEM's damage my ears in any way? I never keep the volume up too high, but is there any risk?

Try the ultimate ears models. There are many high end models that offer replaceable cables.

Back