Audio Earphone Confusion

Krow

Disciple
I own a Philips GoGear 1GB, which I bought about 3 years ago. It can be charged only via USB and acts as a pendrive with pathetic data transfer speeds (not more than 895kb/s).

The sound quality in the player is what one may choose to call somewhere above average and less than good. I have never used quality earphones with the player. The bundled Philips ones died about 6 months after I bought the player. After that it has always been cheapo earphones. By far, the Philips bundled earphones were the best.

Mostly I have used Kingfisher earphones. :ashamed: They are pretty bad as all would know, but had taken about 10 or so from various flight trips, so killed them all (don't last more than a month and a half anyway). All suffered the same problem: one ear died and I did away with the earphone.

So, my basic preference is non-in-ear types. The bundled Ipod ones are fine, but not the ones like EP-630. Primarily I would like to have something like the Kingfisher earphones, the ones which clamp your ear. They should also be long lasting. I am tired of doing away with earphones within two months. These earphones should last at least a year or so.

If anyone can spare some time, then please give me some much needed advice on how to take care of earphones.

Regarding my budget, it is not high at all, nothing above 1k, better if lower. Kindly suggest the ear/headphones which would suit me. If it is costlier, then also suggest, as I may end up saving for a month or two before buying.

TIA. :)

As per experience, i would highly recommend the following if you are looking for VFM sound quality and durability in earphones:

Panasonic Rp-hv288 Water Resistant Twin Xbs Earphones - SVP

Model: Panasonic Rp-HV288

Price: Rs. 500~600

On a comparative note, the sound quality is equivalent or marginally better than Soundmagic PL-11, and much better than Creative Ep-630. Durability is exactly equal to PL-11 (i.e. Good).

EDIT: Just checked that availability is scarce. Will update if i find any online source.

sato1986 said:
As per experience, i would highly recommend the following if you are looking for VFM sound quality and durability in earphones:
Panasonic Rp-hv288 Water Resistant Twin Xbs Earphones - SVP
Model: Panasonic Rp-HV288
Price: Rs. 500~600

On a comparative note, the sound quality is equivalent or marginally better than Soundmagic PL-11, and much better than Creative Ep-630. Durability is exactly equal to PL-11 (i.e. Good).

EDIT: Just checked that availability is scarce. Will update if i find any online source.
Looks good, but too bad about the availability. :( Anyway, I would like to buy from a TE Dealer if possible, else locally. I reside in Mumbai.
mhafizji said:
what about the sennheiser pmx60 the one with 5800 it s not clip but awesome sound and that too for special deal 500rs
I'll check it out. I don't want in-ear varieties at all, as I am not comfortable with them.

Even the PC Headphones which we clamp on are fine with me, but are they very portable?

Hmmm... How much does the PMX60 cost? Also, I liked the PX-100 judging by reviews. Any idea on cost/availability? Where can I get these in India, or how through TE?

The best choise Sennheiser MX 500 it can beat all earphone under the price range of 2.5K it's look not very fancy for sure. but Sound is Awesome specially it's clear high bass with Crystal clear sound. the response on high,mid and low is perfect at Just arround Rs 700/-

Back