E-SATA Case Transcend - 1950 Shipped across the nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i get SMART info of the HDD with this casing ???...this is MOST imp for me,..btw, i have got the ASUS A8NE SLI 939 socket Mobo..so thinking about getting the SMART info with that(through USB2.0)!

Techie#1 said:
can i get SMART info of the HDD with this casing ???...this is MOST imp for me,..btw, i have got the ASUS A8NE SLI 939 socket Mobo..so thinking about getting the SMART info with that(through USB2.0)!

Through eSATA you can get SMART info.

^^ but i presume,my mobo "ASUS A8NE SLI Premium" 939, doesNOT have a Native esata support!!!,cant i get the same through USB 2.0????
& MH..ygpm!

Techie#1 said:
^^ but i presume,my mobo "ASUS A8NE SLI Premium" 939, doesNOT have a Native esata support!!!,cant i get the same through USB 2.0????
& MH..ygpm!

A SATA 2 eSATA bracket will do the job.

^^ oh yeah thanks..12 screws 2 mount/unmount seems bit intimidating on regular HDD swap basis...mayb i then need a Dock more, though i liked the Transcend enclosure Style & the built-in fan a tad bit more!

..btw, Naga..The A8NE-SLI Premium comes bundled with a 2 port SATA extension module that can occupy occupy one of the blank PCI plates.Its a plate with two SATA sockets (which connect to the motherboard's SATA) and two SATA power sockets (which connect to your PSU).So My MOST logical question therfore would be,can this function properly as same as a e-sata port i.e the A8NE-SLI premium do have an optional e-sata capability???

Check out here to fully understand: Motherboard Features In Detail - Review Tom's Hardware : Asus A8N-SLI Premium Allows SLI to be Enabled in Software
..btw, aren't esata hot swappable?

However,I would have been MOST interested to know specifically whether The Transcend thing can show up HDD S.M.A.R.T info through the USB 2.0 connection for any New Gen SATA2 HDD running inside!

Techie#1 said:
..btw, Naga..The A8NE-SLI Premium comes bundled with a 2 port SATA extension module that can occupy occupy one of the blank PCI plates.Its a plate with two SATA sockets (which connect to the motherboard's SATA)....
..btw, aren't esata hot swappable?

However,I would have been MOST interested to know specifically whether The Transcend thing can show up HDD S.M.A.R.T info through the USB 2.0 connection for any New Gen SATA2 HDD running inside!

Those are just extending your SATA cables. You'll need a eSATA port as the connectors are diff for eSATA/ SATA. I think u might be able to hot swap your regular SATA drives, though. On some nVidia platforms, SATA drives used to be shown in the safely remove hardware options. Try it out on a spare drive.

eSATA is hot swappable.

Regarding HDD SMART status thru USB, I haven't yet seen a case which doesn't show that.

Got The Casing. Thanks. Shortly sending payment for 2 more, let me know about the price of WD 500GB (16/32mb) ?

Note : Those having eSATA, this is a Excellent casing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back