DVD encoding

I've got a few xvid and avi files that i want to encode as a dvd.

the problem is when i'm creating a dvd-video disk using nero vision, the video turns out to be jerky, ie not playing smoothly but giving perceptible pauses in beween.

what do you think is the problem? is it about the encoder that nero uses?in that case..which dvd creating tool do i need?remember i also need an encoder as the video files are not in a native dvd format..

thanx..

well after the first disk got turned out bad, i always check the preview before burning and there itself the video is jerky.

i'd also encoded into a hard disk image instead of directly burning, and there too i had the problem.

and finally i use original sony dvd-rs, and the burns always get quite a good score in quality tests..so i dont think it is a dvd-r problem..

tirthankar said:
and finally i use original sony dvd-rs, and the burns always get quite a good score in quality tests..so i dont think it is a dvd-r problem..

I dont know if this will help or not but dont use dvd-r use dvd+r

no all the above points are vague, the problem with jerkiness is improper Bit-rate up-conversion. Yeah convertX is a great software for noobs, I use it sometimes. But u need to learn TMPGenc, excellent tools to manipulate transcodes & design the MENUs also. But the quality u get on the final DVD will be nowhere near the orig. DVD. I'd rather suggest investing in a DIVX/XVid compatible DVD player to playback. Also it will save u the time involved in transcoding Xvid to MPEG2 which can be huge on ur RIG that i see in ur sign.

ok guys got convertx and encoded a 1.6 gb .avi file to mpeg2 for dvd. no jerkiness and quite good quality..thanx for the suggestions..:hap2:

also here the encoder seems to be a lot faster. took "only" an hour and 10 mins:)

hey i too was goin to recommend that i have tried alot of s/w...i settled at winavi.... but than i gobbled fewof my dvds with synchronization.....

thani came upon convertx its damn fast also it can self write on dvd...oru can disable that and check quality before writing.....

also its faster than winavi........nero is good never a problem but its a sytem hog type also u can say abt quality whether your dvd will get proper voice synch print or not......

also get fast avi mpegjoiner..it merges 2cd in split of a secondand than u can write easily both files to 1 and than in dvd form

One will always lose quality when re-rbcoding or transcodung between two losay compession. Best option would be to use DivX compliant player. But if it must to convert, too of the line option would be either tmpgenc, or ympeg or Cce

yusuf said:
One will always lose quality when re-rbcoding or transcodung between two losay compession. Best option would be to use DivX compliant player. But if it must to convert, too of the line option would be either tmpgenc, or ympeg or Cce

can u read & understant urself what u write ??:huh: :huh:
atleast give it an eyewash before hitting the post button.

You are right, I reallized it after the post but somehow it did not allow me to edit later. will take care in future :)

Cheers!

[Actually, culprit is blackberry and it sometime screws up due to its suretype kb]

Back