Dragon Age 3: Inquisition - Discussion Thread

For those thinking that they will simply pirate this game, this game uses Denuvo DRM. So, don't get too eager. :p

Not sure if this is true but I was curious when you mentioned Denuvo DRM as I have never heard of it before. Found this somewhat worrying (if TRUE) post in a forum -

Denuvo DRM (Dragon Age, FIFA 15) possibly damaging to SSDs
"Want to know how many times the average of the code LoF.exe (Lords of The Fallen) being transferred from HDD to memory and back in one hour? 150,000 operations of copy-write. This is 10,000 times greater than normal. DRM continuously decodes the game code into memory and encrypts it back. This is one of the most retarded use of encryption techniques which I have ever seen. Despite the fact that the small pieces of code (maximum 2 kilobytes per entry), are stored in one memory block. Playing the game for 4-8 hours (depending on the quality SSD) means that memory block will be gone forever.

If this is true, this is extroardinarily bad for users playing Denuvo-protected games off of an SSD. The one thing you really do not ever want to do with an SSD is constantly rewrite data since NAND flash has a finite life expectancy.

Once again, gamers who legitimately buy their games are being screwed over by DRM and when the pirates crack Denuvo (and they will - it's been cracked before), they won't have to worry about it at all."

Note that I am simply posting what I found online and have no way of knowing whether the info posted above is factually correct. Could Denuvo DRM potentially impact SSD life for gamers who play for long hours? Maybe SSD wear leveling will handle this up to a point but the no. of writes (again, if true) seems kind of excessive...

[DOUBLEPOST=1416386865][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will do so as soon as I get back from work. Yeah I saw that warning too. At that point I was too jaded to care :cool:

Thanks. :)

As for the "Warning" in the EULA, IMO its more like a disclaimer by the devs to protect themselves rather than anything else...

Last edited:
I assume you mean FO:3.

And yet FO:3 including all DLC is freely available for purchase even today via Indian game distribution sites? Was the self imposed (or other) ban lifted on Fallout? Did the Devs release a "special Indian version" without the "2 headed Brahman cow" (I read this was the issue apparently) reference?
I am not sure but
According to this the animal might have been renamed in indian version.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Brahmin

"Romance" in DA:I aka "Possibly the reason why the game was pulled in India".

Looks like Josephine, Iron Bull, Sera & Dorian were the problem. Definitely some odd choices in there TBH. Male characters who can ONLY be romanced by other men (no option at all for women) and ditto for some Female characters.

I don't understand the need for this somewhat odd not to mention "forced restriction".

Then again I have never played a "Dragon Age" game myself though I do own the two earlier ones. Is this something that is new to DA:I or were similar "romantic restrictions/inclinations" present in DA:O and DA 2 as well?

Detailed info here -

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dragon-age-inquisition/Sex_and_Romance
http://www.ign.com/wikis/dragon-age-inquisition/Sex_and_Romance

Last edited:
Here is the romance option list

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Romance_(Inquisition)

No, I am not aware if there were such restrictions in DA:O, DA 2 or the ME trilogy. If you think about it, all the previous romance characters were either straight or bi. So I guess Bioware introduced some gay characters, which is fine. Josephine is bi btw.

In other news, the game was unlocked today at 12 am, you no longer need a VPN to launch the game. Will try out some multiplayer tonight.

Yes. I was playing last night without a VPN. And the game is $20 cheaper too! If it wasn't banned I would have bought it for $60 from the Indian store :D

^Same thing that happened with BF4 in the sense that many Indians bought CHEAPER via proxy from the Mexico store than the Origin India store.

EA is just plain stupid...

And to think we used to pay 999 for new games from Origin :rage: They could have made Indian games region locked, like Steam does with Russia/CIS and SEA, but I guess raising the prices were cheaper for them.

Thanks..I bought it.

I'm pretty sure EA knows about the exploit, it's not that they are stupid. A lot from around the world are probably buying from origin mexico.

They would probably end losing money and sales by region locking.

The cutscenes are locked to 30 fps. Add this to your shortcut to unlock them.

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

If you experience game freezes in the main menu, next time alt tab out and right click the process in Task Manager, select Affinity and deselect one core.

Yes. I was playing last night without a VPN. And the game is $20 cheaper too! If it wasn't banned I would have bought it for $60 from the Indian store :D

Same here. Bought it from Origin Mexico store and playing it without VPN on Origin India. No problems whatsoever. In hindsight, this cancellation at least benefited in letting us know how games can be (semi-legally) purchased real cheap from elsewhere.. :cool:

I'm pretty sure EA knows about the exploit, it's not that they are stupid. A lot from around the world are probably buying from origin mexico.
They would probably end losing money and sales by region locking.

My reference to why I thought they were "stupid" had nothing to do with "region locking" or DA:I for that matter but rather with reference to BF4. Thats why I mentioned that game by name.

Origin hiked the price of BF4 in India (from the earlier Rs.1499/- for similar titles) to Rs.3000/- plus, expecting Indians would pay the more than double price they had been doing for similar games all this while.

They stated the reason for the Indian price hike is because they noticed people from other countries were "exploiting" cheaper game prices on the Origin India store and utilizing them in other countries.

Instead of imposing "region locking" for serials sold on the Origin India store they decided to just hike the prices to match other countries like the US.

But what happened was, Indian players simply logged on to the Origin Mexico store and bought it from there for far cheaper.

So they had a problem with foreigners "exploiting" lower prices in India and therefore jacked up prices here but had no issues with players doing the same thing with Origin Mexico which often tends to have the lowest prices among all Origin stores?

I hardly consider this as being "smart" on their part.

All they did was inconvenience gamers. If that was their intention then they succeeded...

Last edited:
I see. Yes, I misunderstood your point but still I don't think it's a stupid move, it's an annoying inconvenience as you said but not stupid.

The old Indian prices you have mentioned seem lower than the current mexican price. The exploit was probably effecting their revenues so badly that they decided to change the indian prices instead of implementing a possibly expensive region-locking mechanism which would not solve their problems entirely. People would still have been able to play the games on an indian-vpn if they region locked it.

Also region locking wouldn't make any sense unless they started banning users who were trying to purchase from other regions, like steam does. Setting up a system like this would also require some effort and investment.

Actual native sale numbers from India are probably really low when compared to other countries event mexico, most Indians as you know prefer 'free' to cheap and the guys who are willing to pay wouldn't mind paying US prices like they do on steam. So a backlash from indian gamers and the loss in revenue from here wouldn't have been much of a concern for them.

I hate the price increase as much as you but it does makes sense from a product perspective. Just my opinion. Cheers.

Anyways, Inquisition is looking pretty good till now. I was hoping for an Action RPG experience but this isn't all that bad, combat feels very tactical.

Back