Documentaries worth Watching ?

The World's Greatest Money Maker docu on Warren Buffett

Race and IQ - Science's last taboo

The Podfather

Food Inc.

BBC - Hiroshima (2 part series)

The birth of Israel

Mossad's Munich Revenge (our policy makers should watch this one )

The Age of Terror (4 part series)

For every "Inconvenient truth" ----- Make sure you watch "The great global warming swindle" .

BBC recently released an excellent documentary series on the economic crisis.

The first of 3 was titled "The love of money" and is a captivating account of the tussle that went on between Lehman, the US treasury , the FED , the US and the UK governments, Bank of America, Barclays and Merrill Lynch. -

a definite must watch.

Another thought provoking documentary: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379225/ Official page: www.thecorporation.com/

An anger inducing documentary : The World According to Monsanto

More info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1189345/

Can be watched here : http://criticaldocs.wordpress.com/2008/04/29/the-world-according-to-monsanto-2008/

^ Monsanto is trying to get our govt to add GM Aubergines (baingan) to Indian market.

I guess they have tried with BT cotton too which was a disaster.

Is there any relation between the documentaries "Air Crash Investigation"(ACI) and "Seconds from Disaster". Asking because, some time back i was watching one episode of Air Crash investigation and at the end came and advertisement about Concorde crash and it was advertised under ACI but on searching for that particular episode on net i was always taken to seconds from disaster :S

Loved the ones in green will watch the ones in bold.

thetoxicmind said:
A few I've seen:
Taxi to the dark side

Fahrenheit 9/11

Zeitgeist

Sicko

Baraka

Earth

Bigger Stronger Faster

Man on Wire

An Inconvenient Truth

Guys...yesterday i read in newspaper about the documentary about shahrukh khan on discovery. I missed seeing that and it is being telecast just now also but i dont want to see from middle of it. Any idea when is it going to be aired again ???

Any one having those dish tv / tata sky / airtel digital TV can see their EPG and tell me i suppose.

For all those interested in WWII, do watch 'Apocalypse - The Second World War'. Its produced by Nat Geo and is outstanding in research and quality. Its a 6 part series and is available on P2P networks.

raksrules said:
Guys...yesterday i read in newspaper about the documentary about shahrukh khan on discovery. I missed seeing that and it is being telecast just now also but i dont want to see from middle of it. Any idea when is it going to be aired again ???

Any one having those dish tv / tata sky / airtel digital TV can see their EPG and tell me i suppose.

If you are talking of a old documentary based on life of SRK,then it's available for download I guess cause I once saw it on a friends external HDD.

raksrules said:

at 9 and 11 pm.. twice again in the next 3 hours

Saw Undercover in North Korea, National Geographic special about living in North Korea and under Kim Jong-Il's tyranny.

I must say only things I knew related to Korea (only South Korea) was cute girls and their micro mini skirts.

love the list!!!

BTW , try these..

Born into brothels

for designers,

Helvetica

Objectified

Also,

Pirates of the silicon valley

Back