Do you still read magazines/books regularly?

I can't seem to remember the last time I read a magazine. It must have been at a doctor's office or a hair parlor while awaiting my turn. We all know that the internet is overtaking the print media but I somehow cannot get the same satisfaction by reading off the monitor. The way the pages feel, smell (specially if unopened) and also the creative layout.

I miss those days when, as I child, I always slept while reading a comic or a novel. Now, youtube videos have replaced all that
<

Do you still read a magazine every month? Or try and get your hands on any novels/books?

It does feel good to read the articles on paper. it's just that it appears on the internet much earlier and related articles are a click away. thus people prefer the e way.

Reading a magzine can never be beaten by any online reading experience! Books are a man's best friend!

I don't recall the last time I read a physical copy of a mag. However I do refer to the digital editions of some gaming mags on my tablet - EDGE, Game Informer, OXM etc. Not legal.
<

Magazines-off the college library occasionaly- Autocar, Digit, Outlook

Newspaper- Daily

Novels- Quite regularly, approx 4 a month

Also college books and books on programming and stuff.

So I guess I primarily still read on paper.

Cheers!

I read books. As that is a better experience than the digital medium. The experience that you feel when nearing the end and then turning the last page and again giving the book a thorough look, it just can not be defined!

Subscribed to a few mags on Zinio on iPad... that is what I read apart from some Business Today etc I pick up for a short journey..

yes daily newspapers.

1 paper daily in print

Another on net epaper.

similarly main text book in print and other reference books in soft copy. Both have their value.

Reading physical books, magazines certainly has a different feeling. I too miss reading magazines off screen. Now, I have e-books and e-magazines in my PC and reading those doesn't provide me as much pleasure as reading off screen physical paper books and magazines.

Off screen magazines I read now : DIGIT, FILMFARE, CHIP
<

ebooks : Tech Magazines, Car & Bike Magazines (not legal
<
), Subject books,

Back