Do you like mcdonald's?

Lord Nemesis said:
You can always get healthier and tastier food than a lousy burger for 50/- at your local dabha/hotel. From personal experience, I have seen that Chandigarh does not have a lot of affordable places with healthy conventional food, but other cities like Hyd and Bangalore do have them. I have had a pretty satisfying and healthy quick meals at bangalore for 20 bucks and also in hyd as well.

I live in Chandigarh so I face a similar problem. :) and 20 bucks! That's super cheap..

And Junk food is occasional, and not to be substituted for a full meal.

udayrulz said:
I like McVeggie and Fish O' Fillet .. but generally prefer Subway / PizzaHut (everything other than the pizza itself .)

I once tried Fish O' Fillet and hated it...it was a turn off for me..
I like McChicken and McVeggie (with extra cheese) @ McD

Dominos is the best. I looooooove dominos. Subway is good too, but a bit too expensive.

McD's sucks. I mean the Food has no taste. Except the Pizza McPuff and Wedges. Bembos/KFC/Subway/Dominos is far better

As far as healthiness goes. If you dont eat it too often, then its OK. Even Booze in small quantities is good for you.

Mephistopheles said:
I live in Chandigarh so I face a similar problem. :) and 20 bucks! That's super cheap..

And Junk food is occasional, and not to be substituted for a full meal.

Yeah, its pretty affordable and I am not talking about street food either There are a number of breakfast center's in Bangalore/Hyderabad that offer a variety of simple rice dishes for lunch and dinner. The food is cheap, fresh, hygienic and hot and you get it real fast and you can have a quick and satisfying meal right there and believe me its a lot tastier than a fully loaded pizza or burger any day.

Lord Nemesis said:
From personal experience, I have seen that Chandigarh does not have a lot of affordable places with healthy conventional food, but other cities like Hyd and Bangalore do have them. I have had a pretty satisfying and healthy quick meals comprising of rice at Bangalore for 20 bucks and also similarly in hyd as well.
Interesting Chandi should be like that, would have thought every other place in the country had cheap places to eat at.

True. Anywhere in South India, you can get good-fresh-hygienic-tasty tiffin / rice items from namma/mana[our] tiffin centers / mess's at less than 30 Rs per head. :)

I feel really sorry for you Chandigarh guys, especially bachelors!

Yeah, used to have unlimited meals for Rs 12 and lassi for Rs 4 at a hotel near my college during b.tech. Hands down the best food I've ever had in my life.

blr_p said:
Interesting Chandi should be like that, would have thought every other place in the country had cheap places to eat at.

Oh, there are cheap places to eat here as well, but on avg you spend at least 40~60 bucks for a decent meal of rice/roti. There are sources for even cheaper food, but often the quality control is never is never on par with what you get at your avg tiffin center in Hyd/Bangalore.

McD indian division food is crap. Nothing tastes good. THe international McD is damn good. Anyway the food is pure junk food and is no good. I guess we all know that but we never want to give it up :p

Fillet-o-fish wins for me. In a coastal place like Surat, fish food is darn expensive and there are hardly any hotels here which offer fish food for affordable rates.

There are 2 McD outlets here. Heavily populated needless to say. And not a single KFC outlet and I'm a sucker for fried chicken and shawarma if I may add. There are no outlets for shawarma here despite, there being a muslim dominated area in the town. :(

I don't have fries most of the times. Gobble it from friends' meal rather.

Desecrator said:
Fillet-o-fish wins for me. In a coastal place like Surat, fish food is darn expensive and there are hardly any hotels here which offer fish food for affordable rates.

Thats terrible, you must miss home a lot :(

Well, all you guys talking abt cheap food, tell me this.

Can you get a decent burger for about 30 bucks? I dont like the South Indian food we get for cheap. Instead of spending 30 bucks on a dosa, I would rather spend 45-50 on a nice chicken burger.

Oh man how can you say that, the dosas you get here are real, taste great and cost peanuts.

The ones I had abroad were expensive and rubbish. This is one of the few things you can never get abroad at an acceptable price with quality.

Thalis is another.

blr_p said:
Oh man how can you say that, the dosas you get here are real, taste great and cost peanuts.

The ones I had abroad were expensive and rubbish. This is one of the few things you can never get abroad at an acceptable price with quality.

Thalis is another.

Opinions are like @$$holes. Everyone has one.

My point is simple: You guys are cribbing about McDs burgers being overpriced compared to the Indian fast food. What about people who dont WANT the Indian fast food? Apart from McDs(and now Taco Bell) what other cheap option do they have if they dont want Indian?

chiron said:
I'm more angry about the Karnataka govt.'s regressive stance on controlling livestock population in the streets.

I absolutely agree! It's utter nonsense. Who the fark gives them the right to regulate our eating habits?

Nikhil said:
My point is simple: You guys are cribbing about McDs burgers being overpriced compared to the Indian fast food. What about people who dont WANT the Indian fast food? Apart from McDs(and now Taco Bell) what other cheap option do they have if they dont want Indian?
Given we aren't exactly a hotspot immigrant destination I'd say you're SOL :)

Nikhil said:
I absolutely agree! It's utter nonsense. Who the fark gives them the right to regulate our eating habits?

Oh sh!t :(

Back