DIY or SVS subwoofer

Jul 3, 2006
I am very much confused as to what to buy for a subwoofer?
While SVS is a reputed company the prices are way exorbitant. Therefore was looking for a DIY route to accomplish the same and then came across an iteresting piece of information about the drivers SVS uses here https://buy.guru/sb16-and-pb16-ultra-driver/ now I am trying to figure out a way to use this information to design myself a similar or even better a better performing subwoofer at a lesser price. From what i gathered, Dayton drivers are good and can be paired with Behrringer Amps and the desingning is to be done with "WinISD".
any inputs, welcome!

Slayer88

Adept
Aug 31, 2006
As an SVS owner i can say their subs are great.. I have the SB1000 and it's insane for movies, for music is nice too but not as great as some other brands like DefTech that I previously owned.

Now for your DIY question, if you have the skills to fabricate, skill to engineer and assemble, time and tools you can go for it. I personally feel you need to have ALL to do it correctly. Lastly, i feel in India availability of things to make it easier and pretty are limited.

Suggest to go to HFV and look for used deals there.

All the best.