dirt 3- first original game-windows live help

Guys today i got my first original pc game dirt3 with windows live. Now i am completely new with windows live thing and its asking to create a windows live id for autosave feature and all. Now please can anyone guide me what i have to do?? I created an id on windos live but now when i signin using that in game menu it says that there is one update available i need to apply. And if i am not applying that update, i think i am not getting signed in as its showing login failed. Please guide me its creating headaches for me.

Hey buddy follow the instructions below:

1)Turn on your Xbox 360 and make sure there are no games in the tray.

2)Select "My Xbox" on the Xbox Dashboard. Then, select your avatar.

3)Choose the "Join Xbox Live" option.

4)Input your email address and other relevant information when prompted. You will also have to accept Microsoft's terms of use. If you purchase a "Gold" membership, you will have to enter your credit card information as well; this is not necessary if you sign up for a free membership.

Its as simple as that ...

killthedope said:
Hey buddy follow the instructions below:

1)Turn on your Xbox 360 and make sure there are no games in the tray.

2)Select "My Xbox" on the Xbox Dashboard. Then, select your avatar.

3)Choose the "Join Xbox Live" option.

4)Input your email address and other relevant information when prompted. You will also have to accept Microsoft's terms of use. If you purchase a "Gold" membership, you will have to enter your credit card information as well; this is not necessary if you sign up for a free membership.

Its as simple as that ...
He's clearly using a PC not an Xbox.

@OP

Why not apply the update. That ought to solve your issue.

I have tried but autosave is not enabling in offline mode. On the back side of box its written : "An online connection to games for windows live is required for initial game profile creation".

Can this thing help:

If i install dirt 2, it easily makes profile on Windows Live (Cracked Dirt 2), will my Dirt 3 use that profile of Dirt 2 as it get shared in other games which requires Windows live automatically.??

iamnew said:
The update is causing problems for many.Just download it from a torrent site and install.Thats how i updated.
buddy can can u provide links or tell what i have to write while searching for that update?? Please note i am using Original Game incase u might be confused with cracked ones.

@ OP even i have the original game and had trouble updating. It used to take forever and not complete. As mentioned earlier download the update from other sources and install it. Your copy will still remain legit. Regarding LIVE, I had to download and install the LIVE sign in assistant in order to get the game working properly.

@OP, this is a known issue with GFWL games. Trying to install updates from within the game using GFWL is like a nightmare. I first faced this issue with GTA4. The only solution is download the patch from a different source. I'm sure there probably is link to the patch in the Codemasters website or maybe official Dirt 3 forums etc. Just check them once.

Also, yes, it will not allow you to save even offline games until you install the patch and login into GFWL. GTA4 also had this 'feature' when it first released.

Guys, just downloaded the game from Steam today. When it launched, it asked to create profile (YES/NO). I selected YES and after that nothing happened, what should i do for this? i am using it in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Should i download separate GFWL and then do. Because it did not show me anything to download, nor did it ask me to enter the windows live id. Can anyone share me the link to download GFWL.

The game started and is working fine, after i installed the GFWL. Also, i donno about the updates since directly downloaded the game from Steam (maybe it would have included the update).

Back