PC Peripherals Dell Multimedia Keyboard Rs.460.00

kumaranuj

Disciple
The Dell Multimedia Keyboard is a necessary and often overlooked component for an enjoyable computer experience. The Dell Multimedia Keyboard is designed ergonomically to maximize your comfort and productivity. This keyboard features a standard set of 104 keys and a USB interface for connecting to your Dell laptop

Theitdepot - Dell Multimedia Keyboard

Attachments

• 200_004382.jpg
    200_004382.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 213
It may come down to personal choice but this is probably this worst keyboard I've ever used.

No wrist support. Unusual key layout

zanderzone said:
It may come down to personal choice but this is probably this worst keyboard I've ever used.

No wrist support. Unusual key layout

You've used this ?? I got the same keyboard and I like it, it also has a couple of usb ports at the back, unfortunately I've got the one with the UK style layout so was looking for one with US layout version .

btw it does come with wrist support check out my rig gallery :)

the one shown in the pic on the site is US version

sri_rng said:
how does it transfer through USB? Extra cables needed??

Its a 1.1 hub with no extra cable needed... the keyboard cable itself works for the keyboard + hub... Its not of much use though... the best thing of this keyboard apart from usability is the volume dial... Its pretty handy.... :hap2: :hap2:

racy1 said:
Its a 1.1 hub with no extra cable needed... the keyboard cable itself works for the keyboard + hub... Its not of much use though... the best thing of this keyboard apart from usability is the volume dial... Its pretty handy....

Yeh, it's 1.1 so it's useless for Pendrives etc. but still pretty usefull for mouse/BT dongle etc., and have to agree on the Volume Dial part. Knobs are way too better compared to hitting buttons. :p

Neverthless, if it's US layout then it's bloody steal deal for this cost (570 approx with shipping). I think finally I get to buy this. :)

Gaurish said:
This is the UK version or US version?
That's what I want to find out. Unfortunately TheITDepot website doesn't mention any specs on this. So I wonder....

EDIT: The listed specs on "Feature" page seems to be wrong. It mentioned battery requirements etc., which shouldn't be there unless it's wireless keyboard.

TheITDepot said:
The Dell Multimedia Keyboard is a necessary and often overlooked component for an enjoyable computer experience. The Dell Multimedia Keyboard is designed ergonomically to maximize your comfort and productivity. This keyboard features a standard set of 104 keys and a USB interface for connecting to your Dell laptop.

Specifications

Operating System
· System Type : Windows 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / XP / Vista

Stuctural Specifications
· Design : Spill-Resistant
· Interface : PS/2
· Software : CD-ROM
· Keyboard Type : Office Keyboard with Internet and Multimedia keys

System Management
· Multimedia Access : Media Player Launch
· Multimedia Keys : Yes
· Clipboard Keys : 3 clipboard keys
· Palm Rest : Build in

Power Requirement
· Voltage in Volts (Approximate) : +5V DC
· Battery Storage Capacity : 2 AA and 2 AAA size
· Power Management Switch Life : 10 million life cycles
Also, the first para says USB interface while a section below called "Structural Specifications" says PS/2 as interface...

Need to email them and inquire about proper details on this one before placing an order.

iGo said:
That's what I want to find out. Unfortunately TheITDepot website doesn't mention any specs on this. So I wonder....

EDIT: The listed specs on "Feature" page seems to be wrong. It mentioned battery requirements etc., which shouldn't be there unless it's wireless keyboard.

Also, the first para says USB interface while a section below called "Structural Specifications" says PS/2 as interface...

Need to email them and inquire about proper details on this one before placing an order.

I'd mailed them regarding this & told them to correct it but no development yet....

Back