Laptops Dell doesn't want to sell me a laptop

letmein

Skilled
Just wanted to share my online 'buying' experience with Dell India.

Filled up their online enquiry form about 10-12 days ago, as the model I was interested in (Vostro V130) was a business laptop and was not available in their online store. No response. Filled up their enquiry form again a week back. No response/call/mail from them again.

E-mailed them on Wednesday at Online_India@dell.com, asking for a quote for the V130. No response till now. I doubt I'll get a response for another 3 days (Sat, Sun, Monday is a holiday)
Screw em I say :-[. Going with Lenovo most probably.

And no, I'm not going to call them. If they're selling their products online, they should bloody well learn to respond to online enquiries.

I guess this is one of the models that is on backorder. If it was available they would have the price online and they would be falling overthemselves to get in touch with you. Not worth getting it I guess since usually would take more than a month to get one.

shrjun said:
There is a live chat option on the Dell india site.You might even be able to work out some sort of discount.

Yeah, they don't care about me there either.

2efrwxt.png

Chill Guys!!

You need quotes ill help you out, PM me the configs and email ids and contact details, i will talk to the sales counterpart, Website is going under Modifications as there was some issue with info not going through,
Dont worry, Help me with IDs and configs ill get it done for ya all

and be sure to mention what kinda order it is

Consumer - single machine
SMB - 10-500
Corporate - >500

No joke....it might be true as you can see in news and newspapers that many corporate biggies are taking leaves to support anna.

Hi
Dell has stopped selling Vostro series in US and seems that the same is to follow in other countries. Also my suggestion is to strictly avoid Vostro series coz they have a serious problem with the plastic casing used behing the screen. It cracks and the hinges break. I have seen many such instances in my company also.
And try their online chats or toll free nos. They generally send quotes if you give them proper data. I have asked and received couple of quotes for Monitors and XPS laptops in the recent past...

devilinearth said:
@
ryanrulez4ever

In which department are you? I joined Dell, Bangalore on 5th Sep 2011.

@OP, try calling this number 1800-425-4002

Im with Dell India Pvt Ltd, Not with Dell international Services , DIPL and DIS are 2 Seperate entities, how bout you ?

Back