Car & Bike Decent 2nd Hand Car under 2 Laks?

hash

Adept
Hello folks,
Not much into car and bike stuff but I'm inclined in buying a 2nd hand car rather than a bike especially with the Chennai heat!

I've been looking online and the few cars I could find were Fiat Palio , Maruthi 800's , 1000's , cielo. Any one have any suggestions on any other car that could fall under this range and reliable ? Kindly pour in your suggestions.

Best thing that can happen to you is a good and sparingly used Alto LXi model. you can try it in Maruthi used car dealers also. As Alto k 10 is going good. previous gen ALto are going for a bit lower Price. BEtter to get a Non AC one and get AC installed with a reputed dealer in Chennai

For about 2.5L, you should get a Maruti Baleno in good condition. A friend of mine just got his from Mahindra First Choice outlet. He got CNG kit fitted in the car and he has the most economical solution to travel in this summer heat. 1600CC of power and great comfort with great AC cooling as well and to top it off, it's a Maruti!

Agree but what about reliability of Baleno? and how many more years can he use it ?

OP your choice of Accent is good , If you see a executively used Accent CRDI( You can spend 50 K more also), its s strike deal I can say.

Accent is also good . But if you really want less maintenance alto and santro are best choice as i already owned them so i know

What is your usage pattern / daily run and requirements? How many passengers are going to ride it? How much old car are looking for?

Answer this and we will be able to answer your queries.

For 2L and Petrol you can get -

A new Nano

One year old Nano for 1.5L and spend the money saved for fuel :)

A 2 year old Alto Lxi / Santro /Spark

3-4 year old Wagon R / Wagon R Duo (for 50K more)

2L and diesel:

Tata Indica (3 year old/ ~ 40K KM run)

3.5L and diesel :

Swift Ldi (3-4 year old / 30-40K KM run)

If your daily run is more than 50KM go for a diesel keeping in mind the increasing fuel cost.

Swifts are costlier but peace of mind and fun to drive.

Indica is cheaper but has the Taxi image and reliability problem.

Usage pattern will be quite less, not a daily usage pattern at all. Just for nice long weekend drives. Enough space for 4 would be fine. 2-2.5L is the budget , thought of buying a CBR 250 but if 2nd hand cars in this price range are worth it , why not I go for them instead.

2-2.5 Lakhs for Santro Zing, for 3-3.5 yrs good maintainted vehicle is possible and going rate as per the market conditions. Thanks to the Petrol Hikes now and then.
@op can try this in any Santro dealers, if you pay entire amount by cash you can have a good bargain too.
agantuk said:
^ 2 year old Santro for 2 lakhs? :O Who is selling?

hash said:
Usage pattern will be quite less, not a daily usage pattern at all. Just for nice long weekend drives. Enough space for 4 would be fine. 2-2.5L is the budget , thought of buying a CBR 250 but if 2nd hand cars in this price range are worth it , why not I go for them instead.
Go for a new Nano CX if your weekend drives are not very long highway drives.

Read this thread:

Should I buy a Nano - Team-BHP

urssriks said:
2-2.5 Lakhs for Santro Zing, for 3-3.5 yrs good maintainted vehicle is possible and going rate as per the market conditions. Thanks to the Petrol Hikes now and then.
@op can try this in any Santro dealers, if you pay entire amount by cash you can have a good bargain too.
I know that. That's why was shocked to see such a low quote of a 2 year Santro for 2 lakhs. Honestly, that would be a steal if it is even in a decent condition.

agantuk said:
I know that. That's why was shocked to see such a low quote of a 2 year Santro for 2 lakhs. Honestly, that would be a steal if it is even in a decent condition.

i sold my 5 years old santro for 2L:bleh: reason simple i maintained it like new even today person can't tell its old . New owner also enjoying it .

^ Amen. Good selling cars always help when it comes to resale. Reason why I rofld when a Hyundai dealer told me that my 2 year old scratchless "mint" condition i10 would fetch me 2 lakhs. He couldn't understand why I was ROFLing. :D

OT-i brought a 4.5 yr old santro Xp with just 16k on the odo for 2.25L, it as a bit on the higher side, but the vehicle was in pristine condition. almost everyone thought that it was brand new except when they enquired the price!!!;P. hav clocked 62K in 20 months now....absolutely no issues...just need a new set of tyres now!!!

swift is difficult because of high resale value . Santro is good if you want hardly any maintenance else accent and baleno but do remember more expensive is the more maintenance is required Atleast that's what i have seen after owning lot of car

Back