Darksiders - Discussion Thread

Re: DarkSiders,How is it?

Getting the 4th heart is a b**ch... I wasted an hour and couldn't find a way. Then had to look up a video on youtube to figure out what must be done :p

I'm feeling that end is near but they have dragged the game long by putting in unnecessary puzzles. did one yesterday. One today and gonna do one tomorrow... Can't do all three in one go.

Great Game. Starts off mildly. I'd installed it at its release, played for 30 minutes, felt nothing special, so didn't touch it for 1 month. Then at GameSpot saw the user rating 8.6 and was back at it and finished the game. Loved every bit of it. With every upgrade and chests, gameplay time was 24 hours. So you can finish it in a day :). Good varieties of enemies and no lack of mini-boss/boss fights, not that the boss-fights are very hard but combat and combos are very satisfying. You'd continue to get upgrades till the last moment. Maps are very intelligently designed from puzzle-solving point of view. I love good action+platforming+puzzle games; my first pc game was Warrior-Within and I didn't think any other game would leave impression as that did. But Darksiders did it. My score 8.5/10.

Started this game, seems to be amazing. Combat system is nice with great combos. Story is good so far.

Only problem I found is, there isn't much graphic options to fiddle with. And sometimes for me Steam fails in unlocking the achievement.

Finished the game. The game was awesome. Every thing is amazing apart for the psycho puzzles which i think has made the game a bit boring sometimes. It was alright but at the Dark Throne level the devs just crossed the limits of making puzzles. They weren't hard just fking annoying and boring. Apart from that its heck-of-a-game. 9/10

The last cutscene hinted another sequel, where
the last seal is broken and all the other horsemen meteor to earth. Can't wait to find out about the other horsemen. If one could do so much, imagine 4 horsemen on the loose.:O

^ can you tell me briefly what happened after we clear the Black throne level?? I was so bored ,when i learned that i would have to backtrack all the levels and collect some pieces of certain something. I said, fling it, i've had enough. So please just fill me in what happened from there till the end, using spoiler tag obviously. :bleh

guys i need help i was pplaying this 3 months bak and left it now thought to complete the game

taken the last heart and now in to the 'The Black Throne' area fighting against the first guardian

The Guardian wields a large ball and chain that it can twirl around and knock you away with so avoid getting close to it. Around this arena you'll find various orange portal stations on the ground. Shoot a charged portal at one in the corner then another into a nearby portal. At this point, lure the Guardian towards the one in the corner. It will eventually pull back and then swing the ball and chain down at you. Dash out of the way then hop into the portal and then use Shadowflight to float down on top of the Guardian (remember to use charged up portals).

Once you land on the Guardian's head, press the Action button to stab your Chaoseater into its head. This will stun the Guardian and cause it to collapse. Jump down and then perform a quick combo to its glowing torso. Once it turns red, Dash away from it to avoid it's twirling attack which can be extremely damaging. Once it calms down, create two more portals like before and again, lure it near one only to use the portal to fling yourself onto its head and stab once again. You'll need to stab it then combo the torso three times. During the third attack, watch for the action button to appear so you can finish the Guardian off.

now here is the problem i dont have shadowflight so i cant jump high enough to land on the head

edit: i have close to 17000 souls but forgot to get upgrades from vulgrum

please help me

Shadowflight IINM is an ability you acquire within the game without any need of upgrading. If you are facing the boss, rest assured you have this ability without which you cannot defeat him. Are you sure you are doing it the right way? Check a youtube video first!

The demon Samael gives you Shadowflight early on, before going to Twilight Cathedral. So you should be having it.

i dont know whats wrong but i cant jump high enough to land on the guardian head .....

anyway i am loosing interest now

Double jump ...a shadowy wing will appear if you double tap the jump Button and hold the jump button on the second tap.

You certainly have it ! its not possible that you dont have it !

you might have to use boosts

YOutube will help !!

EDIT:Hay are you using POrtals for to jump on the guardian !? again are you charging the exit portal, so that you jump higher when you exit it !! ?

here this will help !

^^^ i have seen this video dont remember how many times :D but i cant jump that high

anyway taken the save game from the sticky thread and started playing from EDEN and reached where the armagaden sword is build ..... i think the end is near

EDIT: lost too many hard earned souls

Now i get your problem !! , you are not charging the portal !!

you have to keep the button pressed down and then release to make a charged portal that way when you exit ...you will exit with enough speed to jump higher !

SHadoflight does not allow you to jump Higher ,it allows you o glide ! the charged portal makes to jump Higher, when you enter /exit a charged portal!!

strategy said:
Now i get your problem !! , you are not charging the portal !!

you have to keep the button pressed down and then release to make a charged portal that way when you exit ...you will exit with enough speed to jump higher !

SHadoflight does not allow you to jump Higher ,it allows you o glide ! the charged portal makes to jump Higher, when you enter /exit a charged portal!!
DAM THAT WAS SO SIMPLE and i made total mess of it :D

anyway completed the game and my fingers are in pain [have a local mouse ]

Back