Daemon Tools for Win 7?

ajish65

Patron
Hi Guys,

When I tried to install Daemon Tools on my Windows 7 system, I got a pop-up saying the program has known compatibility issues with Win 7. What are the other good (free) image loader programs out there that are Win 7 compatible? Never used anything except Daemon Tool, so don't know. Thanks for your help! :)

Virtual Clone Drive is a freeware that works perfectly well with Win 7. And IIRC, the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite works fine without problems.

whatsinaname said:
I am using Daemon Tools Lite version number 4.30.4.0027 and it seems to work fine. (Win7 X64)

And you didn't get a message when installing? What build of Win 7 are you using?

Btw I installed Daemon Tools anyway, seem to be having no problems so far. Thanks a lot everyone! :)

Take the properties of that exe file and select the Compatibility tab. Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose Vista or XP. It mite work...

whatsinaname said:
I am using the Win7 X64 RC. Build 7100.
I'm using the exact same build. Strange that you didn't get any message while I did.

thexfactor said:
Don't need to run it in compatibility mode or anything, just ignore the known compatibility issues message.

Yeah, thanks. That's what I ended up doing. It still gives me the message every time I run Daemon Tools. Kind of annoying to hit "Run Program" every time. But still, it's working. :D

Well i would be glad if it would be only that but i have a bit different problem when Daemon is trying to install I'm asked to reboot the computer if i don't installation is canceled if i do installation doesn't proceed when windows reboots.
So it seems to me Daemon doesn't work with win 7 after all unless any of you knows a solution to this problem

bodhy said:
Well i would be glad if it would be only that but i have a bit different problem when Daemon is trying to install I'm asked to reboot the computer if i don't installation is canceled if i do installation doesn't proceed when windows reboots.
So it seems to me Daemon doesn't work with win 7 after all unless any of you knows a solution to this problem

Dont this work for u ? Disc-Tools.com - Published Software Download

Use Daemon Tools (Lite) 4.30.4 (and above) and you should be fine on Vista Beta/RC/RTM x86 and x64.

It works perfectly fine ;) Just make sure you run the installer as an administrator (UAC) if you have issues. Most applications' setups should detect the need for elevation and request it from the OS (Vista/7) but some installers are not properly writtern (read: retarded).

Update: The compatibility message you received was because you were using an older version. As I said, use v4.30.4 and above (easily available off the website) and you should be fine. If you're still receiving that message, please check what version you're on.

latest daemon tools work fine in WIN 7. IT's given on the site also. If you get a warning just ignore it and install. IT'll work fine

+1 for Magic Disc. Been using ti on my Win 7 from day 1. Moreover some AntiVirus detect Daemon tools as an Adware, although it doesn't do anything but why load crapware on to ur system.

Ryunosuke said:
+1 for Magic Disc. Been using ti on my Win 7 from day 1. Moreover some AntiVirus detect Daemon tools as an Adware, although it doesn't do anything but why load crapware on to ur system.

"crapware"? ¬¬

Back