CPU/Mobo CPU + Motherboard Recommendation - Pls suggest today !

MBKAHBR

Disciple
Hi all comp pros,
For my pc i have decided this, pls hepl me to finalise,budget is approx 7.5K for proccy + mobo. Rest items i have already purhased

1.AMD X2 5200 + Asus M2A-VM = 7500 Rs (Pls let me know whether this
mobo has DVI port??)

OR

2. Intel E4500 + suggest me mobo approx 3k with onboard gfx + DVI port

Pls help me to finalise which config wud be better one, as this is last day to build. I wud highly appreciate ur sugestions/advices

first of all with a budget like 7.5 for the proccy + mobo i would suggest you to go with Intel..

hmm incase u are ready overclock go for a E2160 + IP 35 E

but den it may go slightly overbudget and it doenst even have a onboard video solution ..so i guess IP -35 is out..

and den if u dont plan to overclock and all stick to E4500 and get the

Biostar Gf7050-m7 or Palit N73-V .

but keep in mind both are m-atx motherboards..and dont support dual channel ram i think..

but then would do the job for you as it has onboard geforce 7050 gfx.

both motherboards cost around 2-3k

have a luk at the eVGA board too if u like

Rs 2950/-

* e-7050/610i GPU Motherboard

o nForce 610i/ GeForce 7050 Chipset

o Supports Intel Core 2 Extreme, Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel Core 2 Duo, Pentium EE, and Pentium processors

o Single Channel DDR2

o 1066/800 Mhz FSB

lesser features than the palit a bit, but an option nonetheless.....reviewed by our very own ultimabasher here

http://www.techenclave.com/777936-post42.html

oops sorry , no DVI port there........

^^ yeah i completely forgot about the Evga budget mobos..

at OP ..u can even consider the motherboards Phoenix has mentioned instead of the biostar or palit one ..Evga is a solid brand :)

PhOeNiX said:
have a luk at the eVGA board too if u like
Rs 2950/-
* e-7050/610i GPU Motherboard
o nForce 610i/ GeForce 7050 Chipset
o Supports Intel Core 2 Extreme, Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel Core 2 Duo, Pentium EE, and Pentium processors
o Single Channel DDR2
o 1066/800 Mhz FSB
lesser features than the palit a bit, but an option nonetheless.....reviewed by our very own ultimabasher here
http://www.techenclave.com/777936-post42.html

oops sorry , no DVI port there........

7) Had forgotten something that only sudhir knows
8) i wanted just VGA slot so the board is real gem .. but u can also have DVI for slight extra price.

sudhir, what means for " u can also have DVI for slight extra price"..ultimatebasher

man if u are lucky go get that 780 chipset board from amd.

i know one from gigabyte are available in np(smc i think)

if u get it , u shall love the onboard directx10 experience

MBKAHBR said:
Hi all comp pros,

For my pc i have decided this, pls hepl me to finalise,budget is approx 7.5K for proccy + mobo. Rest items i have already purhased

1.AMD X2 5200 + Asus M2A-VM = 7500 Rs (Pls let me know whether this

mobo has DVI port??)

OR

2. Intel E4500 + suggest me mobo approx 3k with onboard gfx + DVI port

The Asus M2A-VM has a DVI port.

For the Intel config, you could either opt for an Intel G31 chipset based board which would have a good dual-channel mem controller but lousy onboard graphics or you could go for one of the nV 7050 chipset based boards that have better onboard graphics but a single-channel mem controller that would cripple performance.

In contrast, the AMD config has both good onboard graphics as well as good memory performance and should easily perform just as good if not better than the Intel one, so I'd say stick to the AMD setup.

Thanks all for your precious suggestions,
evga e7050 is a very nice mobo but it lacks dvi & dual channel memory.
amd 780 chipset mobos r available but r costly > 5k so cost of proccy+mobo wud go beyond my budget.
Cud any1 suggest mobo for intel having onbrd gfx,dual channel memory,dvi port cost around 3k.

[quote name='hanzy']v. nice .....now OC that baby....u should be able to push it to 3ghz with ease.......[/Q

With stock cooler or 3rd party market cooler??

Could someone tell me about the person in mumbai who can get me assemble pc coz the person who had to assemble pc is gone to home town and wud back on end of april. But i can't wait till as i have to present this pc on 29 mar to my daughter on her b'day falls on 29-mar. Pls help its very urgent!!!!

hi, i want to update bios for Biostar GFV7050-M7 how to upgrade??
PC has crashed 2-3 times during last 12 hours with error message
"your system has recovered from serious error"
while installing SP-3 V5511 & Adobe reader 8.1.2

Back