Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

A few vaccinated people going door to door is better and safer for the public than many crowding at a vaccination center. If you are not interested feel free to refuse, it is not mandatory, let's not put others at risk for your convenience.

Door to door or not, it won't make a difference because lockdown will be lifted soon and people will be crowding everywhere anyways.

Do you need multivitamins? How about having some veggies and fruits?

I have no background in nutrition. I like to read about it though. I find it's difficult to get all the required RDA values set by NIHS/NHS (based on studies) from a normal diet of veggies and fruits. Indians are deficient in Vitamin D, B12 and Zinc. I have also noted the quality of soil have deteriorated over the years leading to fruits and veggies with low mineral and vitamins in them. There is also concern about the absorption rates.

I am taking Supradyn on Day 1 and Becadexamin on the next day. Keep doing like this. Be concerned about the intake of Fat Soluble Vitamins & Minerals as you do not want to overdose. I find this combination to be decent as it covers Vitamin A, B Complex, C, D, Iron, Zinc and trace elements of some other minerals.

Door to door or not, it won't make a difference because lockdown will be lifted soon and people will be crowding everywhere anyways.
Maybe you haven't seen jumbo vaccination centers of mumbai ,they could be future potential hotspots for spread of virus. what door to door offers to people in crowded cities like mumbai is ,less people are out ,less stress on people to travel to the vaccination center which is far ,local corporator /mla could easily spread the news for vaccination program , and you start clearing small pockets of city bit by bit ,government already has data about peoples demographics ,so they could easily target a certain age group and start clearing things in a controlled manner.

I have no background in nutrition. I like to read about it though. I find it's difficult to get all the required RDA values set by NIHS/NHS (based on studies) from a normal diet of veggies and fruits. Indians are deficient in Vitamin D, B12 and Zinc. I have also noted the quality of soil have deteriorated over the years leading to fruits and veggies with low mineral and vitamins in them. There is also concern about the absorption rates.

I am taking Supradyn on Day 1 and Becadexamin on the next day. Keep doing like this. Be concerned about the intake of Fat Soluble Vitamins & Minerals as you do not want to overdose. I find this combination to be decent as it covers Vitamin A, B Complex, C, D, Iron, Zinc and trace elements of some other minerals.
Our bodies are designed to get nutrients from food instead of a tablet. Only a small percentage of nutrients from a tablet gets absorbed by the body

However I consider these as a kind of insurance policy during these times and also it should not do any harm

One pro-mudi moron made a very controversial comment about ration cards on Twitter. I tried to upload a screenshot but my net is being crap right now. Basically, they want to make sure that hunger would kill the poor if covid didn't.
India has become a huge breeding ground for these uncompassionate selfish scums.
Screenshot_20210519-102828~2.png
Maybe you haven't seen jumbo vaccination centers of mumbai ,they could be future potential hotspots for spread of virus. what door to door offers to people in crowded cities like mumbai is
I'm getting goosebumps... Our vaccination camps might become new hot spots. The irony.
Also if it's raining out there the situation could become much worse with malaria and typhoid...

Last edited:
Our bodies are designed to get nutrients from food instead of a tablet. Only a small percentage of nutrients from a tablet gets absorbed by the body

However I consider these as a kind of insurance policy during these times and also it should not do any harm

Yes. Bio-availability depends on the form and you cannot expect much from tablet. This is the reason that most multi vitamin have high doses of the required nutrients.

Soil quality in India have deteriorated and the fruits / veggies do not pack so much nutrients like before. I personally recommend to take multi vitamins for as long as you can unless you can take a varied diet of veggies, fruits, fish, chicken and eggs.

One pro-mudi moron made a very controversial comment about ration cards on Twitter. I tried to upload a screenshot but my net is being crap right now. Basically, they want to make sure that hunger would kill the poor if covid didn't.
India has become a huge breeding ground for these uncompassionate scums.
View attachment 105746

I'm getting goosebumps...
Also if it's raining out there the situation could become much worse with malaria and typhoid...
that tweet was very much dumb , they haven't seen the reality of india or the plight of a common man ,if this happens than there would be daylight murders and burglary ,yeh sab JIO user hai

i would award Sir Albert Einstein a Nobel prize for literature for one single quote

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”​

I'm getting goosebumps...
I was also thinking about the new infection people will suffer with, specially who are living in the river banks of UP & Bihar.
Rotting dead bodies inviting new diseases.
I thought we Indians would be surplus with Vit.D given that we have the largest source, the Sun.
majority of people in T1 cites don't have access to sun, becsue of their lifestyle and/or the houses they live.
I have seen in a report 1-2years back majority of Indian have D3 & B12 deficiency.

I thought we Indians would be surplus with Vit.D given that we have the largest source, the Sun.
It is the common misconception here. Many stay indoors, don't stay in sun for a long time and they cover themselves when going out. Best place is the Thighs to be exposed for absorption of Vitamin D. We hardly expose that outside and darker skin have hard time getting the required VitD. Moreover, many other things in the diet should be adequate for proper vitamin d absorption.

> Don't take anti histaminics ....
> They may actually worsen your symptoms by drying the airways.....

> ...an article about hypoglycemia associated with zincovit !! Had no idea..he himself is having low blood glucose.

When I had Covid19 infection, was given 2 tablets of histaminic since I had mild sinus discomfort and are prone to sinus issues. Didn't take it, waited for 2-3 days and sinus issues waned off.

Many are taking Zincovit these days. To those whom I know, asked them to cycle it. For eg., take it 3-5 days continously, then take a break of at least 2-3 days. And drink lot of clean water. Hope this is fine.

Taste and smell is almost fully recovered.

Having minor vision issues after recovering, increased laptop screen font size a bar higher. Don't know when this will be solved.

Yes. Bio-availability depends on the form and you cannot expect much from tablet. This is the reason that most multi vitamin have high doses of the required nutrients.

Soil quality in India have deteriorated and the fruits / veggies do not pack so much nutrients like before. I personally recommend to take multi vitamins for as long as you can unless you can take a varied diet of veggies, fruits, fish, chicken and eggs.
What if the tablets are powdered? Does it increase the efficiency? By the way, i rely upon half a dozen spoonfuls of horlics for my nutrients and minerals, as a primary source. I hope horlicks in not a hogwash.

What if the tablets are powdered? Does it increase the efficiency? By the way, i rely upon half a dozen spoonfuls of horlics for my nutrients and minerals, as a primary source. I hope horlicks in not a hogwash.
Efficacy does not have anything to do with it's form whether it's a tablet or powder. It depends on what bio available form of particular mineral/vitamins they use. These forms converts into elemental in the body. For eg:- There are various forms of calcium like calcium carbonate, calcium malate, etc and all converts into Elemental Calcium in the body. Conversion rate and efficacy depends on the form.

Horlicks is not a hogwash. It works but the qty of nutrients is low. Check the nutrients qty per 100 grams of the classic horlicks here. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61nLQgCr3bL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

It's good enough if you can take at least 100 grams of Horlicks per day. It will be easier to get the nutrients from the multi vitamins due to higher qty of nutrient per capsule and some of the multi vitamins are under price control. Becadexamin costs 1 rs per tablet and Supradyn costs 2rs per tablet. You may take one Supradyn every 3 days to be on the safer side. But do consult with a doctor and a nutritionist first since I have no knowledge of your medical history.

I have seen a video where a "Horlicks for women" boasted about having good amount of calcium was exposed. The video used the nutritional chart given at the back of product to demolish the claims made by Horlicks as mentioned by @TinTinSnowy
I had a similar experience when I asked my doctor about the benefits of having tropicana and other packages juices over regular ones. He advised against it was loaded with sugar with very little nutritional content.
Point is, do consult your nutritionist, doctor before consuming anything from the "so-called-experts" in the markets.

Zinc is important for the body. If any supplements are taken for it then it should be within the RDA after the initial high dose to boost up the levels. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-HealthProfessional/
Zincovit is a multivitamin which also has grape seed extract, this extract can lower blood sugar and it also thins the blood, many covid patients are already on blood thinners so grape seed extract "maybe" harmful. Should ask your doctor if you are taking it.

Back