Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Or these are the customers themselves. However all of them are pretty sick.
A Neta or Babu possibly won't come to a makeshift absolutely barebone hospital run by a bunch of "phoreigners" who don't look like doctors at all.

Or they might have called a central helpline and looking at their conditions, beds might be reserved for them ? Most states now have a control centre for such sick patients. Waiting times are high though.

That's a possibility, but why not a single patient turned up today? We were returning patients till yesterday. And I don't know if online booking is possible at this time. But hopefully you're right.
I really don't want to get into these things now. It's not my job, but not a single patient turned up today, we are providing some basic free medications, masks, gloves etc. ( till our stock lasts)

I reached India on 2nd May. You're right. I shouldn't poke my nose in these things, just do my job. Today was actually my off day (we work 48 hours straight and take a day off) but I stayed in the hospital to ensure early discharge, later came back as I couldn't sleep and wasn't feeling tired at all.

Last edited:
There's a bed booking scam going on in Bangalore with 7 arrested so far. Won't be surprised if there's fishy business elsewhere too.

This is also my gut feeling. But I don't have any proof, don't know any political leader (except CM, and don't want to waste her time without any proof) and I don't trust police in India.
I haven't gone out of my house for a year, I live in a independent house not apartment. We had also stopped house help, do all work on our own, no one is allowed to enter the house. I still got infected.
You are a brave man Arjun. You fought a full blown cytokine storm at home and came out victorious.

Last edited:
Ideally front line workers should run a triage. I think this was the model followed in some European countries. Beds should be allocated by medical professionals who can best assess how to use limited resources in a pandemic

Something really sinister is going on with hospital beds in kolkata. We discharged 4 patients very early this morning, and all the 4 beds were empty from 9:30 am.
I was anticipating 4 patients within next 30 minutes, but nobody came!!
There's a website which works in real-time to show availability of beds, after 12 I checked the website and it showed 0 vacancy in this makeshift hospital.
Thought it was some technical glitch, instead of calling up the non medical guys who deal with admission/ discharge etc. I called up Sasthya Bhawan directly and explained the situation.
After some call transfers from one guy to another someone called Srijan checked the system and told me " na sir ekhane to shob bhorti dekhachhe" meaning, no sir, system is showing all beds are occupied.
Then I specifically gave him the bed numbers of discharged patients, still thinking it's some technical issue.
Srijan then told me the names of the patients occupying those 4 empty beds and they were not the discharged patients!! ( Since it's a covid only hospital, we send list of patients names and adresses to swasthya bhawan for record keeping and follow up as there's no medical records department)
I didn't understand anything and told him these patients don't exist and clear up the beds in system.
After this lengthy phone call I got busy and didn't check the website again.
Now around 16:00 Hrs, a volunteer (some local guys basically hang around here and I don't exactly know what they do) came up with a list of 4 names ( I was sitting @ reception, grabbing a quick lunch, the girl at the reception was not around) and told me these people are coming for admission. These are those non existing patients. And exactly 4 of them.
Normally any person can come and get himself/ herself admitted here, however till yesterday we couldn't admit anyone due to non availability of beds and returned a lot of people. Today not a single patient turned up since morning despite having 4 vacant beds.
Now all the 4 patients have come ( none lives nearby) and had to admit them as they are genuinely sick, but I still don't know what exactly is going on.
Use Google to find out why. Vacant beds are being sold for high price. Happening here in Karnataka.

I haven't gone out of my house for a year, I live in a independent house not apartment. We had also stopped house help, do all work on our own, no one is allowed to enter the house. I still got infected.

We have exactly the same situation (Stayed Home 20/03/2020 to 22/02/2021) - No House Help, No Going Outside, Nobody Enters in the house but still, I catch Mild covid infection in November 2020 with No Smell/ No Taste & Lots of Body fatigue which last over nearly Mid December and after that Stomach Upset for which also last another 1.5 weeks or so. Fortunately No Fever & No Breathing problem, The other person in my house is my mother who also goes through similar symptoms but recovers very very quickly who is 67 years old.......No medicine, No Doctor required for us.

Though during the whole period we took deliveries of Groceries from several services as per availability (Bigbasket + Amz Pantry) as well purchase raw vegetables & fish in our doorstep with mask + face shield on but still get infected, Though one thing and Maybe that's the reason we may get infected, we didn't use mask + face shield when we clean up vegetables & raw fish but always take off and wash the cloths after cleaning those raw Vegetables and fish and after that bath is a must......needless to say unlimited hand washing & Floor mopping with phenyl......

Anyhow that's the last year thing, lets see what this year store for us.

Last edited:
Contrary to what I said about waiting to get vaccinated, an opportunity presented itself and so I got my 1st shot (of Covishield) now. It was organized by Rotary in my hometown and through some family contact this was made possible. It was a breeze, walk in and get it in 5 mins. But this is an exception. The 2nd one will have to be in a hospital unless I'm here for 6+ weeks and Rotary is organizing this again.

Last edited:
Use Google to find out why. Vacant beds are being sold for high price. Happening here in Karnataka.
Being sold to what end? Do people reserve them a few days in advance or sth?
Contrary to what I said about waiting to get vaccinated, an opportunity presented itself and so I got my 1st shot now. It was organized by Rotary in my hometown and through some contacts this was made possible. It was a breeze, walk in and get it in 5 mins. But this is an exception. The 2nd one will have to be in a hospital unless I'm here for 6+ weeks and Rotary is organizing this again.
Congrats on getting the first shot!

Contrary to what I said about waiting to get vaccinated, an opportunity presented itself and so I got my 1st shot (of Covishield) now. It was organized by Rotary in my hometown and through some family contact this was made possible. It was a breeze, walk in and get it in 5 mins. But this is an exception. The 2nd one will have to be in a hospital unless I'm here for 6+ weeks and Rotary is organizing this again.
Had Rotary's drive in my town too today but it was for 45+. @roofrider u from Yamunanagar?

Had Rotary's drive in my town too today but it was for 45+. @roofrider u from Yamunanagar?
Nope, from Bangalore but currently in Tamil Nadu. Ya, here they didn't really publicize the drive. I can't say for sure if this was restricted to the members alone, but it was lowkey. I just got a call from my sister saying there were some slots left and so it happened. Needed my Aadhaar and work ID, I think they were particular about having an employee ID for those below 45.

Edit: In fact, some of my friends (below 45) got vaccinated in Bangalore about 2/3 weeks back--their company arranged it for the entire workforce.

Last edited:
Looks like India may enter a full lockdown as suggested by Anthony Fauci this week.....India becomes a global health crisis.

Nope.... Don't think so.
The whole economy would go into ruins. I am pretty sure if lockdown was a feasible solution it would have been implemented a long time ago.
Just a heads up... India's fiscal deficit is already at 94%, where will we get the money to repay the debts if there is no revenue through taxes.( We have already started to raise the prices of fuels with elections over).
That is why we are going for localised, micro-containment zones.

Nope.... Don't think so.
The whole economy would go into ruins. I am pretty sure if lockdown was a feasible solution it would have been implemented a long time ago.
Just a heads up... India's fiscal deficit is already at 94%, where will we get the money to repay the debts if there is no revenue through taxes.( We have already started to raise the prices of fuels with elections over).
That is why we are going for localised, micro-containment zones.
Many states have announced 10-14 days lockdown apart from essential services already.

Being sold to what end? Do people reserve them a few days in advance or sth?
The scam is vacant beds are shown as occupied by patients who have actually been marked treated as home isolated. The bed is notified to scammers at the BBMP health department. It is allotted to those who have been put in a waitlist because they have paid 25k. The bed is kept ready while they make the journey to the hospital. Some take a couple of days.

Aleeay 6 people have been arrested.

Back