Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

A question for health professionals here. I was diagnosed Positive on 1st october by antigen and RT PCR test. although I did not have symptoms when I was tested positive, I developed fever, body ache and headache the same night. I had fever, headache, body ache and mild diarrhea for 5 days. My oxygen never went below 97. I was positive for 21 days and I was tested every 5 days. A antibody test was conducted on 15th october and 1st Jan, both of which were negative. My antibody was 0.82 on 1st Jan. My question is how am I cured without antibodies? what is likely to happen if I am infected again?

Sputnik approved, but....https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sputnik_V_COVID-19_vaccine

Slovakia

On 1 March 2021, Slovakia bought 2 million Sputnik V vaccines. Slovakia received the first batch of 200,000 vaccines, and expected to receive another 800,000 doses in March and April. Another 1 million vaccines were set to arrive in May and June.[171]

On 8 April, Slovakia's drug regulator said that the Sputnik V vaccines it received did "not have the same characteristics and properties" as the version endorsed by The Lancet.[172] The Slovak State Institute for Drug Control stated that Sputnik V has not yet been approved for use, as the first 200,000 doses received on the 31st of March were different from the product currently being reviewed by EMEA as well as from the vaccine used in studies published in The Lancet. The producers have failed to reply to requests for documentation, approximately 80% of the data was not supplied even after repeated requests. Due to the inconsistencies, it was not possible to review the safety and efficacy of the vaccine.[173][174]

Slovak Prime Minister Igor Matovič resigned due to scrutiny regarding the order of Sputnik V vaccines.[175] On 6 April 2021 RDIF asked to return the delivered first batch of vaccines due to "multiple contract violations".[173][176]

I would find it extremely difficult to trust any vaccine manufactured and supplied by Russia.

I have just ordered a pair of N95 masks and hand sanitizers (after a looong time) in anticipation of a landslide of COVID coming our way. When the government has a hand in increasing the cases during a pandemic, no one can save you.

Jab majhi naw duboye, use kaun bachaye!!

Of all the vaccines, we had to approve Sputnik :facepalm: . Only they know what deal has been made. And I am assuming we would be the lot ( <45 years) to get vaccinated with this.
To put in Shyam Rangeela's words, " Agar aap chunavi mansha ke saath ghar se bahar nikalte hai, virus apko baksh dega. Koi aur karan se aap bahar nikle, apko Corona ho jayega."
Don't want to believe this, but it is ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!

Last edited:
I can see the blind hatred throughout this thread but you can at least try and be apolitical yourself while you are constantly complaining about politicizing every issue. You could have easily posted the pics of multiple parties' gatherings to make the same point (that I wholeheartedly agree with), that people and leaders (of both ruling and opposition parties) are fools to ignore the safety guidelines while gathering in such large numbers.

I can see the blind hatred throughout this thread but you can at least try and be apolitical yourself while you are constantly complaining about politicizing every issue. You could have easily posted the pics of multiple parties' gatherings to make the same point (that I wholeheartedly agree with), that people and leaders (of both ruling and opposition parties) are fools to ignore the safety guidelines while gathering in such large numbers.
They do not represent political parties but the current Government. One is a sitting Prime Minister and the other is the Home Minister.

The so-called sitting PM does rallies all day and tells everyone to maintain social distancing and do Tika Utsav by the evening. He is breaking his own rules, and then he blames common Citizens and State Govts for increased cases.

Instead, they should've requested the EC to postpone elections at this moment. Don't even get me started on what is happening at Haridwar.

Hypocrisy much!

They do not represent political parties but the current Government. One is a sitting Prime Minister and the other is the Home Minister.

The so-called sitting PM does rallies all day and tells everyone to maintain social distancing and do Tika Utsav by the evening. He is breaking his own rules, and then he blames common Citizens and State Govts for increased cases.

Instead, they should've requested the EC to postpone elections at this moment. Don't even get me started on what is happening at Haridwar.

Hypocrisy much!

Elections across the country should have been postponed fir sure. However If they would have postponed the elections millions of useless social media posts will crop up condemning that. It is a zero sum game with all citizens blindly supporting or opposing the government.

Each group cares about "being right" on the internet instead of actually doing anything good.

Not everything is right, not everything is wrong. Everything is not a conspiracy and none of the leaders are purely good or evil.

I think we are missing the larger picture of what was posted... Electioneering at a time when Covid is spreading like wildfire. No matter which party.
Yes that is what my post exactly highlighted. Selective bias though i agree with the idea being cent percent right.

A question for health professionals here. I was diagnosed Positive on 1st october by antigen and RT PCR test. although I did not have symptoms when I was tested positive, I developed fever, body ache and headache the same night. I had fever, headache, body ache and mild diarrhea for 5 days. My oxygen never went below 97. I was positive for 21 days and I was tested every 5 days. A antibody test was conducted on 15th october and 1st Jan, both of which were negative. My antibody was 0.82 on 1st Jan. My question is how am I cured without antibodies? what is likely to happen if I am infected again?
Antibody titre is yet to proven of any protective/ prognostic value.
You're symptoms have gone away because your immune system has stopped producing interleukin.
Instead of checking quantitative antibody levels, if your IL4 levels were tested, you could have a clearer picture.
Except hepatitis B, no viral disease can be prognosticated by antibody levels.
For viral disease it's usually the viral load that predicts the outcome. However with RNA virus, it's a very difficult task and involves significant cost. Antibodies against virus is extremely non- specific in general and with RNA viruses it's really really wild.
Yes, anybody can be reinfected ( MANY of my friends have been reinfected)
It's the cell mediated immunity ( not humoral immunity) that's killing/ curing covid 19 infections. Humoral immunity ( antibody) is extremely non specific with most viral infections.
BTW in Europe even the weather has gone crazy. I woke up at 4 in the morning but couldn't go out due to crazy cold winds, felt like it's snowing somewhere near ( later came to know it snowed heavily in London) Snow in mid April!! Where the **** the world is heading to!!??

Last edited:
Antibody titre is yet to proven of any protective/ prognostic value.
You're symptoms have gone away because your immune system has stopped producing interleukin.
Instead of checking quantitative antibody levels, if your IL4 levels were tested, you could have a clearer picture.
Except hepatitis B, no viral disease can be prognosticated by antibody levels.
For viral disease it's usually the viral load that predicts the outcome. However with RNA virus, it's a very difficult task and involves significant cost. Antibodies against virus is extremely non- specific in general and with RNA viruses it's really really wild.
Yes, anybody can be reinfected ( MANY of my friends have been reinfected)
It's the cell mediated immunity ( not humoral immunity) that's killing/ curing covid 19 infections. Humoral immunity ( antibody) is extremely non specific with most viral infections.
BTW in Europe even the weather has gone crazy. I woke up at 4 in the morning but couldn't go out due to crazy cold winds, felt like it's snowing somewhere near ( later came to know it snowed heavily in London) Snow in mid April!! Where the **** the world is heading to!!??
So answer to my first question is, I got cured by cell mediated immunity. What is the answer to my second question? Can I get infected again and will it be bad the second time?

Elections across the country should have been postponed fir sure. However If they would have postponed the elections millions of useless social media posts will crop up condemning that. It is a zero sum game with all citizens blindly supporting or opposing the government.

Each group cares about "being right" on the internet instead of actually doing anything good.

Not everything is right, not everything is wrong. Everything is not a conspiracy and none of the leaders are purely good or evil.
Very true.. almost every country has failed to control the disease and we should stop the blame game.
Controlling covid in a huge country like India is practically impossible and I must say this Indian government did try their best after some initial stupidity.
General public should also take some responsibilities...India is doing RT PCR for 12EUR!! It's just incredible!!
I myself have wrongfully blamed Modi for a lot of things and still extremely confused and unsure of the vaccines developed in India.
But general public should share some blame for this rapid rise in cases ( still refusing to believe the second wave thing)
So answer to my first question is, I got cured by cell mediated immunity. What is the answer to my second question? Can I get infected again and will it be bad the second time?
Yes sir, unfortunately you ( or anybody for the matter) can be reinfected even by the exact same strain as nobody knows what to expect from cell mediated immunity.
The role of memory T cells in any viral infection is unclear.
The problem is with most of the "experts" coming to media. They just can't say " I don't know"...no textbook of virology/ immunology/ internal medicine/ physiology is clear about general principles of viral infection and pathophysiology ( I've searched pretty much all common textbooks for some basic information and none of them have it)
Any microbiologist here? I may have some very basic questions for you.

Last edited:

The PM and the HM represent INDIA, not BJP. I am pretty sure Mamta Banerjee's party is doing similar rallies, but OUR PM and OUR HM are posting these pics on social media as if nothing is wrong !

I really don't give two ****s about politics (I vote for NOTA, and yeah, you can call me an idiot, but I dont think any of our current illiterate money hungry leaders are capable of running the country), but anyone who does rallies during a time when we are hitting 1.7 lac cases a day, with nearly 12 lac active cases (real count to be much higher) should be ****ing jailed, and trialed for murder.

Unfortunately millions among these rallies will die, and nobody will bat an eyelid whichever party wins.
Very true.. almost every country has failed to control the disease and we should stop the blame game.
Controlling covid in a huge country like India is practically impossible and I must say this Indian government did try their best after some initial stupidity.
General public should also take some responsibilities...India is doing RT PCR for 12EUR!! It's just incredible!!
I myself have wrongfully blamed Modi for a lot of things and still extremely confused and unsure of the vaccines developed in India.
But general public should share some blame for this rapid rise in cases ( still refusing to believe the second wave thing)

You are from Kolkata, so I hope you do know that people in small towns and villages many a times have NO option but to come to political rallies. Almost all of them are illiterates, woudn't understand C of Corona, and arm either lured with money and alcohol for attending rallies, or in many cases are forced by local political goons and police to attend said rallies.
While it's easy to blame individuals (and yeah, they are highly responsible for the current spread), let us also understand that we are a country of poor, marginalized, illiterate people, and organizing political rallies at this time is quite literally pushing them towards death.
And I do know that the so called literate class is also acting stupidly, but I doubt any of them are attending these rallies.

Crazy,

Last edited:
The PM and the HM represent INDIA, not BJP. I am pretty sure Mamta Banerjee's party is doing similar rallies, but OUR PM and OUR HM are posting these pics on social media as if nothing is wrong !

I really don't give two ****s about politics (I vote for NOTA, and yeah, you can call me an idiot, but I dont think any of our current illiterate money hungry leaders are capable of running the country), but anyone who does rallies during a time when we are hitting 1.7 lac cases a day, with nearly 12 lac active cases (real count to be much higher) should be ****ing jailed, and trialed for murder.

Unfortunately millions among these rallies will die, and nobody will bat an eyelid whichever party wins.

You are from Kolkata, so I hope you do know that people in small towns and villages many a times have NO option but to come to political rallies. Almost all of them are illiterates, woudn't understand C of Corona, and arm either lured with money and alcohol for attending rallies, or in many cases are forced by local political goons and police to attend said rallies.
While it's easy to blame individuals (and yeah, they are highly responsible for the current spread), let us also understand that we are a country of poor, marginalized, illiterate people, and organizing political rallies at this time is quite literally pushing them towards death.
And I do know that the so called literate class is also acting stupidly, but I doubt any of them are attending these rallies.

Crazy,
It is time to shut off news and go into full lockdown mode for your sanity again. These numbers and facts are overwhelming for me like last time and i need to protect myself from it.

Yes, I'm aware of Bengal and it's population and political pressure.
And yes, it's a huge problem and there's no easy solution. Each and every political party had/ have/ will target the huge financially weak section of the society.
Didi is as guilty as Modi.

We can all run, hide, blame each other for incompetencies.. but can't ignore the fact that we are sitting on a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.
And before anyone comments why only Ajay Bhist pic, it's for representative purpose only.

You know what's most frightening? India has wasted the biggest weapon against the massive spikes. It went for the longest nation wide lockdown at a stretch way too early.
While most cities in Europe can still afford to go for few weeks of lockdown ( just what London came out from today) , India simply cannot.

Source:
Hello everyone I’m suraj from small town named morbi from gujrat and let me tell you situation here is really bad regarding corona virus government is really suppressing the case and death counts, the population of our city is 200k and according to government we have 4,000 covid cases well ground story is different, I don’t know a single family who haven’t gotten covid. It’s like 1 per every 4 person is positive. And the best thing forget the vaccine we can’t even get the testing kits for days I’m trying for weeks now still didn’t get it. And modiji is busy giving away vaccines to other countries. The youth is dying and he cares about his relationships. And why the phak they give permission to kumbh mela it’s 100% that kumbh mela will sky rocket the cases. But if they deny they will lose the votes so he gives more phak about votes than nation’s future.
Thanks for reading.

These effing half assed vaccines are partially responsible for the MASSIVE spike in India.
The pandemic fatigue and false sense of protection with ineffective vaccines.
BTW, what kind of people have usernames like that ( in reddit) ?

Can someone explain what is happening after one starts quarantining himself, has tested, turns positive and then has doctor recommended medicines.
And post 14 days, most don't even get retested and if they do it comes negative.

So what causes report to come negative after 14 days or so? My doctor told me it is not even needed to do re test.

Back