Core i3 rig under 25k

hi, i wanna build up a rig specifically based up on intel core i3, the budget is around 25k inc monitor but can increase it a bit.. also, is there any other significant difference between z68 and the p67 architecture? i saw on the gigabyte site and they've marked a cross for IGP under the p67 chip.. is the true?

Q: What is your budget?

25K but expandable

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

Brand new rig

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

N/A

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

wanna go for core i3 system

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Final and will not be upgrading for atleast 2-3yrs

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Nehru Place Delhi, though can buy a few components online if it comes cheaper

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Browsing

Desktop Processing

HTPC

Download rig, 24x7 operation

Watching HD movies

a little bit of gaming

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic

the only reason for going with the core i3 is the personal preference of my uncle

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

don't know for sure, but light games, and maybe racing games upto nds most wanted

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7

my uncle would be really happy to see real fast system made up for him..

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor Core i3 2100 [strike]5700[/strike] 6150

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3/ASUS P8H61-M PLUS V2 3300

RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1250

HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 [strike]2150[/strike] 4200

GPU Intel HD2000 IGP -

Monitor Benq G2220HD 7000

Cabinet CM Elite 310 1600

PSU/SMPS Corsair CX430 v2 2200

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650

Mouse NA -

ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 900

Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 BXR1221 950

Total [strike]25700[/strike] 28200

This would make a good rig for your uses. In your budget its hard to squeeze in a FHD monitor, i3 and a higher end mobo. The H61 allows you to make use of the IGP and is sufficient enough for your uses.

@darkangel, how about if i can increase my budget by 5-7k and it would be 30-32k then, can you enhance the proccy then.. plz make a 30-32k rig too..

and isn't the benq g2200hd a full HD?

thanks

@mpaspc, i don't really have an issue going with a core i5 proccy, plus i was thinking that the chosen proccy which would be a sandybridge, will fulfil the basic gaming needs..

alright, so i've searched some things and can anyone please confirm that this core i32100 is a sandybridge proccy.. also, i've decided to upgrade the proccy to i5 if i extend my budget..

hackboy89 said:
@darkangel, how about if i can increase my budget by 5-7k and it would be 30-32k then, can you enhance the proccy then.. plz make a 30-32k rig too..

and isn't the benq g2200hd a full HD?

thanks

It is. I meant he can't get all 3 and hence the config i suggested compromised on the mobo and went for a lower speced H61.

And why does he need a i5 quad for his needs?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Intel HD Graphics 2000 / 100 - Notebookcheck.net Tech

The integrated graphics is sufficient for casual gaming.

^^ the only reason my uncle wants to go with an i5 would be to just get the 'latest' PC (for his son who is in 2nd standard, i think and really wanna play some games) and though i have convinced him to get an i3, he still asked me to get the fastest i3 proccy available in the market.. ;)

well, nevermind about that da, i wanna ask you if getting a better motherboard would be good for the PC, anything worth mentioning here..

all-in-all, i'm gonna give him an option of i5/better mobo/graphic card tonight, will get back here then..

This is more than sufficient for a 7 year old. If he cant play any game in the future then later he can add a GPU like the AMD HD6770 ~ 6.5k or AMD HD6670 ~ 5k.

swapnil0545 said:
Sorry for the off-topic question...

Is there any good 18.5" HD Monitor?

If so what is the model no. and what is its cost?

Cheapest full-HD monitor --> BenQ G2220HD ~ 7800/- [full HD, DVI-out]. If you want HDMI-out, get this

BenQ E2220HD ~ 8800/- [full HD, DVI-out + HDMI-out, LED back-light].

And next time please don't crash into threads like this, ask permission from OP's.

@deathadder, so my uncle has decided to with the above rig suggested by you plus i've convinced him to go for a better motherboard..

please suggest a better mobo which can be acquired with an increase of 3,4,5k in the budget.. also, he wants a samsung monitor, so B2230 it is, right or any other 22" by sammy..

DarkAngel said:
Components Description Price (INR)
Processor Core i3 2100 [strike]5700[/strike] 6150
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3/ASUS P8H61-M PLUS V2 3300
RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1250
HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 [strike]2150[/strike] 4200
GPU Intel HD2000 IGP -
Monitor Benq G2220HD 7000
Cabinet CM Elite 310 1600
PSU/SMPS Corsair CX430 v2 2200
Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650
Mouse NA -
ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 900
Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 BXR1221 950
Total [strike]25700[/strike] 28200

This would make a good rig for your uses. In your budget its hard to squeeze in a FHD monitor, i3 and a higher end mobo. The H61 allows you to make use of the IGP and is sufficient enough for your uses.

any idea why the Processor price has gone up ????

Back