PC Peripherals Compressed air can ?

Ask for any Hardware/Pneumatic shops

The model I have in mind is reusable type useing hand pump to fill in the air

It cost around 2600.00

I suggest you buy a local eletrical blower

You can get them as low as 1000 bux

Ank1t said:
^ i was gonna suggest the same thing! use your vacuum cleaner in reverse :D

I'd read in an earlier thread that it's unsafe to use a vaccum cleaner on account of static charge building up at the nozzle and damaging the mobo components. I don't know how significant the build up is but you might want to keep this in mind. I think a suggestion was to use a cardboard funnel at the tip of the nozzle to prevent any such problems.

Shakensoul said:
I tried using the vacuum cleaner, but it blows very warm air which might damage the mobo :huh:

Can it damage the mobo or any component for that matter????

Even i use my small vaccum cleaner's blower feature.

In fact i use it to clean my amp also.

I infact use a hair dryer which gives some real hot air .. i dont blow it continiously though .. just for short intervals to prevent heat build up

Shakensoul said:
I tried using the vacuum cleaner, but it blows very warm air which might damage the mobo :huh:

Do it in short bursts. And a vacuum cleaner wont heat up as fast so you'l have sufficient time to blow the dust, put it off, blow the dust etc.. Best is if you have the big vacuum cleaner then jus do it continuously as it'l be powerful enough.

sydras said:
I'd read in an earlier thread that it's unsafe to use a vaccum cleaner on account of static charge building up at the nozzle and damaging the mobo components. I don't know how significant the build up is but you might want to keep this in mind. I think a suggestion was to use a cardboard funnel at the tip of the nozzle to prevent any such problems.

Didn't know about that issue.. :ashamed:

The last time I was at Prime - Gulbir had one of these compressed air cans on his table and I asked him what it was for and he said he is thinking of importing them ... I did not ask the price or when he expects to have them for sale. Call him if you want this info.

sydras said:
I think you refer to an earlier post of mine... here is something a Google search threw at me....

How does using a vacuum cleaner cause static electricity?

When dust travels in the air sucked through a vacuum cleaner it impacts on the pipe walls and other internal parts. These impacts generate static charges on the particles and on the pipe walls. If these parts are made from plastics or other insulating materials they can charge up and give static shocks. Rotating parts such as carpet beaters can also charge up through rubbing action. If the suction pipe has a metal coil and is not earthed, this can charge up and give quite an energetic spark.

If there are flammable vapours (for example solvent fumes) present, these sparks could cause a fire or explosion risk. In larger vacuum cleaners (above about 1 m3) if the dust can give a flammable atmosphere, there may be a risk of fire or explosion in the dust collector.

Source: Static Consultants Notebook: How does a vacuum cleaner cause static electricity?

I have come across a few posts in forums about the dangers of static electricity discharges when using a vacuum cleaner inside a computer case.

i use it from a distance of about a foot or more, i think thats safe. in btw i got a powerful vacum cleaner so it blows quite well.

I had been using the ordinary vacuum cleaner to clean the inside monthly or bimonthly for nearly two years and that too both ways, ie. blower and vaccum. But as said earlier, with intervals. Use for few seconds, wait for a minute or two. Never had any problem. But having read somewhere that blowing directly into fans can cause dust to enter the bearing and cause problems, I clean them manually after removing them since they seem to be hot spots for accumulation of dust.

Back