Common Scams happpening in India, list the ones you may know

Don't tell about what you dont know...Amway is a superb brand which sells high quality products. I am a user for 10 years.[DOUBLEPOST=1409563030][/DOUBLEPOST]
i agree with you .. its over priced.. but if you use it the way they direct you to use its a big money saver in the long run.. and they also give discounts for those who have accounts with them...

I never bashed Amway product (expect they are overpriced). Are you a user or a member (and user) of Amway ? As in, do you persuade other people to become members under your binary tree ?

i am a user and a member... i became a user becz the products are of great quality... and i became a member for availing the discount... And for the binary tree concept .. its for the living of the people who are in the binary tree... and its how they(members) get commission from. And i do suggest their product to my friends

i am a user and a member... i became a user becz the products are of great quality... and i became a member for availing the discount... And for the binary tree concept .. its for the living of the people who are in the binary tree... and its how they(members) get commission from. And i do suggest their product to my friends

See, you became a member to avail discounts. Ok with this. But do you shamelessly insist every tom, dick and harry to join Amway under you ? Do you give them motivational speeches or take them to "seminars" and such ? I am talking about these cases where amway members do that.
Their product may be of superior quality but we are not even talking in terms of product perspective here.

To be frank, I am surprised you have friends left. I have noticed that the two people in my extended family who went the Amway route started getting invited less and less to family gatherings.

its the people here creating scams....[DOUBLEPOST=1409574169][/DOUBLEPOST]
To be frank, I am surprised you have friends left. I have noticed that the two people in my extended family who went the Amway route started getting invited less and less to family gatherings.
Its not only for amway ... These cases are happening for other types of business too.. for policy agents , etc ..[DOUBLEPOST=1409574350][/DOUBLEPOST]
i don't go behind every friend and tell them to purchase the product. I only share my experience .. if its a good experience i like to share them. Seriously i got rid of my plague after using their tooth paste...

Last edited:
Amway is a total scam LOL. They have multivitamins with MRP in thousands. The same costs around 50 bucks or so in a medical shop. Same with their flavored protein powder packs. I was shocked to see that each serving cost a bomb.

My friend was cheated of this, from a dietician that too. Who enables these people to scam? Amway.

So, it's not a personal experience kind of thing. Their entire business model is a scam.

Don't defend them. Learn and stay away from them.

why do i have to stay away from them if their product gives results... and i am 100% satisfied with them.. may be their business model is not so good. And the more price id for their quality...

I have tried it and dont like it at all. In fact I had to try it because of the irritating persistence of my AmBot relative. Another fact, the same relative has spent more than 50k on Amway related seminars, books, products and travelling for Amway show and tell. What's his ROI - a measly 1209/- bucks. And he has been an Amway member for close to 3 years now.

The main source of income for Amway members is not selling products, but organising seminars and selling ridiculously priced tickets and self help books.

And to top it all, he is still convinced that Amway will make him rich.

Most of the Amway dealers who stock on the products eventually use the products themselves. After a once buy from first-blood-line, and uncle, aunties. Then game over.

Back