PC Peripherals Cleaning CPU/mobo case

Do you mean to say that vacuum is okay but not blower mode? (It is oppsite to what Jarod says):confused1:
I'll be buying an SMPS soon but I was wondering if I should get something > 450W. For future proofing? Should I? If yes, then please suggest prices for the same.

My mistake I should have used correct syntax, I have used my vacuum cleaner in blower mode to clean my PC.

But before that I completely broke down the system and removed any internal electrical wiring between the SMPS and the other components, also use a basic anti-static bag to ground all the components once just to be safe.

Also please do it inside the house in a large hall thanks to all the dust that will fly around.

If you want to buy something that is future-proof, look at acquiring the Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/- [~4700/- if you buy it online from flipkart], it is the cheapest and most effective solution that you can acquire without breaking the bank.

Hope this answers your queries. Cheerio!!

My mistake I should have used correct syntax, I have used my vacuum cleaner in blower mode to clean my PC.

But before that I completely broke down the system and removed any internal electrical wiring between the SMPS and the other components, also use a basic anti-static bag to ground all the components once just to be safe.

Also please do it inside the house in a large hall thanks to all the dust that will fly around.

If you want to buy something that is future-proof, look at acquiring the Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/- [~4700/- if you buy it online from flipkart], it is the cheapest and most effective solution that you can acquire without breaking the bank.

Hope this answers your queries. Cheerio!!

Great! Thanks. :)

I went to Nehru Place (Delhi) today and they told me the following models were discontinued:
1. Corsair CX V2 430W
2. Cooler master GX450W

Instead of those the following replacements were available:
1. Corsair VX 450W @ 2.5k
2. Cooler Master GX550W @ 4.7k

So should I go with any of these?

Actually, I reached pretty late and many shops were closing. So I'll make another trip before actually buying but I wanted to know about more models/brands of trusted PSU and how much wattage would I require...
Please respond!

I went to Nehru Place (Delhi) today and they told me the following models were discontinued:
1. Corsair CX V2 430W
2. Cooler master GX450W

Instead of those the following replacements were available:
1. Corsair VX 450W @ 2.5k
2. Cooler Master GX550W @ 4.7k

Actually your reaching late and most shops being closed I think the shop keepers were trying to lure you into a quick buy, good you did not fall for it.

Out of the two SMPS you mentioned discontinued, the Corsair CX V2 430W has actually been out of production; the GX450W cannot be out of production, it is less than a year old product and the only SMPS by them worthy of being bought in a tight spot. If they ahve actually stopped the production of the latter as well, we are doomed with cheap, stupid, worthless basement build SMPS's.

I think @Coolermaster can shed some light here.

Okay I think instead of the Corsair VX450W the guy meant the VS450W, avoid that product it uses poor quality capacitors. Also the GX550W is not something great either, go a little earlier next time around and enquire at Computer Empire and SMC International for sure.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually your reaching late and most shops being closed I think the shop keepers were trying to lure you into a quick buy, good you did not fall for it.

Out of the two SMPS you mentioned discontinued, the Corsair CX V2 430W has actually been out of production; the GX450W cannot be out of production, it is less than a year old product and the only SMPS by them worthy of being bought in a tight spot. If they ahve actually stopped the production of the latter as well, we are doomed with cheap, stupid, worthless basement build SMPS's.

I think @Coolermaster can shed some light here.

Okay I think instead of the Corsair VX450W the guy meant the VS450W, avoid that product it uses poor quality capacitors. Also the GX550W is not something great either, go a little earlier next time around and enquire at Computer Empire and SMC International for sure.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

I am currently ill.
Will go to market next week and tell you what's available.
If you can suggest more models it'll help me further...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
#Alpha17 Thank you for getting my attention on this thread.

Dear Rkr,

The GX-450W hasn't been discontinued. This particular sku might be out of stock, I'm not aware on the stock status. I'm giving you the number of my regional sales manager, Mr. Avinash Singh (+91 9560455706). Call him, he will help you out.

The GX-450W is a new sku that we introduced when the entire GX series went through a thorough upgrade. Earlier this series consisted of 550, 650 and 750W. The newer 80Plus Bronze certified series consists of 450W,550W,650W and 750W.

The 450W was reviewed by Jonnyguru and secured 8/10 rating. The 550W is similar to the 450W in every respect, though this doesn't get reflected in the reviews dotting the Internet because they are of the older 550W sku! :( You can very well put your faith in the 550W. It comes with 5-years replacement warranty. Have a word with Avinash, he will definitely help. Else you can always call me +91 982020 7871.

Cheers!
Sanket

Back