PC Peripherals Changeover switch for UPS ?

overclocked

Disciple
Calling all Engineers
I am using a UPS for my PC and my PC is usually ON until there is Power. Basically I am downloading all the time and some rippping + gaming. My Problem is that I have wasted the my battery for this purpose which I don't want. What I want is to design a Changeover Switch which would allow me to switch the PC to the mains when I am not working on the PC and again Switch it back to the UPS mode when I am working.
Please help me as I don't want to buy any UPS inverter or any other expensive stuff like that.

I hope that u get what I want to convey.

huh? if you connect ur UPS to the mains supply it doesn't use the battery unless theres a powercut.. dis is wat a UPS is supposed to do :S

i dint really understand what ur saying..

IF there's a power cut and I am not working on the system then I don't want the UPS to power the PC. An if there's a power cut and I am working on the then i would wan't the UPS to power the PC. so If we could design such a switch that which in the ON position powers the PC by UPS and in Off positions the PC gets Powered by Mains without UPS.

Get a UPS that comes with PC connectivity and software. Set the software to shutdown withing some time after power goes off.

If you are working on PC disable shutdown.

;) simple , isnt it ?

Line Interactive UPS is the idea I was looking for,Thanx for that broar94
and the UPS with PC connectivity will be a better option considering the price difference, Thanx to you to Blaster.

Back