CCTV hardware suggestions for office

imkaush

Adept
Hi guys,

I have been helping a friend to setup networking in his new office (this thread).

Now they require a CCTV setup for which they have the electrician/hardware guy who knows about installing/configuring it, my job is to buy the hardware viz, DVR/storage and cameras.... and am a noob in this area.

The concealed wiring for the cameras and DVR is already in place.

Here are the requirements:

Number of cameras: 4

Camera placement:
layout_cctv.jpg

Recording capacity: ~30 Days (8-10 hours daily)

Recording quality: Basic(low/med res) without audio

DVR access:
From the office network
Tentatively live view on a LCD TV
Remote access not required

Please suggest good models for the cameras and DVR(along with storage).

Thanks in advance! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1372920942][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S.: Need to buy it on Saturday :bag::confused:

Pm me your mail Id ...... Will send you the price list and details of some reputed CCTV manufacture . You can select the hardware as per your requirement and budget.

I went through the same exercise a couple of months ago. Checked out Capture, Honeywell, Zicom, and a whole bunch of others. Finally found a brand called DALI. Excellent DVR and best in class. Any DVR will suffice if it's just a matter of Live viewing, but when it comes to recording and streaming online, it's a whole other ball game.

Dali does very well with Streaming online (Capable of D1, CIF and QCIF) while every other DVR that I've seen in the same price range do only QCIF and CIF at the most. Also you need to look into what resolution they record at. Most DVR's record only the first channel at D1 and the rest at crappy resolutions.

Your checklist for a DVR should be
1) Streaming Quality and Resolution (Don't let the DVR sales morons convince you that it's a matter of Bandwidth. Hook it up on a LAN and stream it if you have to to shut them up)
2) Recording Resolution of all the channels
3) Mobile App availability (at least for Android)

@Satan & @attrish

Thanks a lot guyz for your inputs!!

Satan, I will keep checklist in mind excluding the Android app since it will not be required in this case.

attirsh, am going through the list you have mailed....many thanks again!

Kudos!

Last edited by a moderator:
@attrish ,

can you post the list or a few components with their prices and model numbers.
something like a basic configuration (DVR + Cams) , a mid-end and a high-end price list. It ill be helpful for other members.

@imkaush,
please post what you bought and a mini review if possible.

please post what you bought and a mini review if possible.
Will surely post what I buy and the review will follow once it is installed and running :)[DOUBLEPOST=1373012582][/DOUBLEPOST]Anybody recently bought such hardware (from Mumbai)?

@pr0ing my price list is a bit outdated .......... and supplier is from delhi. If you need i can send it to you.

Back