Cant play a multiplayer game with my mtnl triband connection

utkarsh86

Disciple
Hi, I have been trying to play a couple of games and have just switched to my new mtnl connection.. In the games it shows my ip as one thing and on the sites like myip.com it shows another ip address.. My friends try and connect to both but arent succesful im using a UT-300r2u modem to connect to the internet.. Im confused as when i join their game i lose connection mid way through the game..
All Help is appreciated

That has been happening to me as well, its kind of frequently disconnecting in the middle of a game. Ive lodged a complain - now lets see if they pay heed to it :|

As far as i can tell its something to do with the port forwarding of mtnl there is a different external ip which keeps changing everytime u log on the internet and the lan ip is different.. This is what is causing the problem according to my limited knowledge but im hoping an expert can provide a solution here

there is an option to get a static ip add if u have an triband unlimited offer.. u need to ask the mtnl authorities for the same. Also seems your connection gets dropped mid way. First try to get it corrected and check else go for a static ip..

Contact MTNL and see what they can do about it. Ask for a static ip. Usually, by default you get a static ip from MTNL.. afaik.

the problem is that it keeps disconnecting ! ive done evrything , port forwarding , static ip , and i was able to play nfsmw with my friend but not for long ! :(

Its only my ip that is causing troubles yesterday i tried playing with hamachi and i could play without trouble so its the IP that is causing the trouble ill ask mtnl to look into it...

ask mtnl to change your ports.. that's the last they can do and will definitely solve ur problem.. but u'l have to be after their life to get it done..

Back