Health & Fitness Can we go for Bariatric surgery again?

bssunilreddy

Skilled
Can we go for another Bariatric Surgery if done already once? I have increased weight again and want to go for it again.
Is there any other alternative surgery to reduce weight?

Can we go for another Bariatric Surgery if done already once? I have increased weight again and want to go for it again.
Bariatric surgery means redcution in size of stomach cavity.
What has lead to fat gain even after such a drastic measure? identifying this is the most imporant thing.

I thought after the surgery, one would have a drastically reduced appetite.
Some documentaries even mention patients making charts and setting alarms to not forget\consume way less food than required.
I m curious is that not true?

If you're comfortable with sharing, is there an underlying cause that is causing the weight gain?

If you're comfortable with sharing, is there an underlying cause that is causing the weight gain?
Stomach Size is reduced but increases overtime. Somewhat. I think eating more of carbohydrates did the weight gain. Now Iam getting knees pain even to walk. So I am asking whether we can go with the surgery again.

Stomach Size is reduced but increases overtime. Somewhat. I think eating more of carbohydrates did the weight gain. Now Iam getting knees pain even to walk. So I am asking whether we can go with the surgery again.
If I may put forth a well-meaning suggestion, you may once again relapse even after the surgery, because your body will continue to be used to that level of intake. I used to weigh 110 Kgs at one point. Lost 45 Kgs by way of only portion control and daily walking. No Gymming. It's worth a shot to try and lose weight by cutting off certain things and walking. May work for you, too!

Semaglutide (brand names: Ozempic, Rybelsus)

I'm not a doctor. But you can ask yours.

Wouldn't recommend these GLP-1 drugs, my mom used to take these and her entire digestive system went for a toss.
@OP eat smaller portions, switch to a high protein-low carb diet, stay away from any and all processed foods, lower your sugar intake and ofc exercise.

I recommend having food that's badly cooked. Remember Mahatma Gandhi's lesson on eliminating salt? Maybe try that. Do anything you can to make food less palatable. You just can't consume too much of something that tastes horrible.

That aside, eliminate processed food completely as psyph3r suggested and take daily morning walks as Punkx 75 recommended.

few things u can try --
reduce food intake in lunch
replace rice with fruits in dinner.
do yoga/stretching so that ur body will become flexible
do NOT do speed walk or jog at this point as ur weight can be stressful on ur legs/knees and can cause other problems

Why did you do it the first time? Did you have a condition that could not be fixed with lifestyle/diet changes?

Shortcuts, as a general rule, rarely work in life.

If I may put forth a well-meaning suggestion, you may once again relapse even after the surgery, because your body will continue to be used to that level of intake. I used to weigh 110 Kgs at one point. Lost 45 Kgs by way of only portion control and daily walking. No Gymming. It's worth a shot to try and lose weight by cutting off certain things and walking. May work for you, too!
Were you able to deal with loose skin?

Start Fasting as per your wish and capacity, make habit not to eat anything after 6.00PM
If at all feel hungry get 1 cup milk & 2 Marie Biscuit
Avoid all packaged foods/drinks etc., if can't stop carving, ask Mother/sister/cook/wife to make that foods once in 2-3 days at home only.
Stop eating snacks packs (Rs.5/ 10/20 packets of nankeens)
Weight loss jab 'could reduce heart attack risk'

not to disrespect your post, but how TURSTED their findings ... we know their findings in latest covid vaccines & famous baby talcum powder. After few years for some new drugs they will raise question /doubt around this...

Its a surgery not replacing a mobo with another ram. Seek a prof. medical advice esp. from a renowned hospital not from a tech forum. You can join some medical forum instead.

You haven't mentioned your current real weight or any rapid gain you encountered in the past few weeks or months.
Also, how long it has been you had your last surgery and how much fat and weight reduction occurred? Afaik these surgeries cannot be frequented to often.

Cool! Depends from person to person as both of your weight gain reasons might differ but no harm trying healthy advises..

Wouldn't recommend these GLP-1 drugs, my mom used to take these and her entire digestive system went for a toss.
@OP eat smaller portions, switch to a high protein-low carb diet, stay away from any and all processed foods, lower your sugar intake and ofc exercise.
Correct! Some people's gut is extremely sensitive so if you try to do good it might backfire and result in another issue/disease and even complications. Remember: Gut health contributes to the entire body/organs, once gut gets affected no wonder all imbalances starts across the body.

I recommend having food that's badly cooked. Remember Mahatma Gandhi's lesson on eliminating salt? Maybe try that. Do anything you can to make food less palatable. You just can't consume too much of something that tastes horrible.
Mahatmas era was healthy btw. He didn't munched on salt-free burgers, pizzas and other fast food on his way to dandi march.
Also, badly cooked food might result in over acid releases which might further contribute to other worrisome factors.

Last edited:
let us know what & how you control ... ?

I am 116Kgs right now. I was 87Kgs right after surgery.
Semaglutide (brand names: Ozempic, Rybelsus)

I'm not a doctor. But you can ask yours.
Okay.Thanks

Back